Car Spec names

Soldato
vanpeebles said:
astra gte? :confused:

That's the newest I can think of.. do they still make a GTE model? When I think Astra GTE I think of the 80s ones, anyway.

Actually, the Scimitar and Astra GTEs are the only GTE's I've ever heard of...

I've no idea if GTE means Grand Touring Estate as far as the Astra goes, but it deffo does on the Scimitar.

Associate
Zip said:
With BMWs,
Is the last 2 numbers of there names the size of there engine?
Like:
318=1.8L
325=2.5L
330=3.0L

Is this right or did i just get it all wrong?

They used to be like that i think but now they have kind of changed.
The one i know are:
316 = 1.8
318 = 2.0
320 = 2.2

Man of Honour
vanpeebles said:
a nice long one is daihatsu cuore avanzato tr-xx r4 :)

best explination for that was something along the lines of: the more random Xs, Ts, Zs and numbers you have in the name the more addictive and dangerios the car is :D (parraphrased from a top gear review that seems to have been lost in their site update :()

Associate
nova GTE aswell:)

minis had some strange limited editions-
ERA turbo
mayfiar
city
city E
HLE
cooper
cooper 'S'
park lane
advantage
racing green
jet black
red hot
italian job
paul smith
1275GT
tahiti
chelsea
1100 special

theres loads more i cant be botherd to think of and the only thing that really changed was the colours and if they had opening rear windows and a sunroof, also seats material, some had different alloys lol.

i saw a rover 200 gsi a bit ago and thought asif thats the top model rover lol, just ebecouse vauxhalls top models are gsi's same with some small jap car i saw aswell.
--
another pointless post brought to you by
--

Soldato
Siliconslave said:
best explination for that was something along the lines of: the more random Xs, Ts, Zs and numbers you have in the name the more addictive and dangerios the car is :D (parraphrased from a top gear review that seems to have been lost in their site update :()

hahah, actually each part refers to either a level of interior trim, outside trim or engine, or possibly drive train, ill have to look it up again :D

Associate
CSL is Coupe Sports Light (in German, whatever the word "light" translates to).
Ti was Touring injection, Ci is Coupe injection

EDIT: Just looked it up, seems that Ti is apparently Touring international?! Oh, makes sense now I thought of how old they are... I guess they were carb fed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom