Car terminology that makes you cringe

Soldato
Priced to sell is the worst.

AS OPPOSED TO WHAT JOHN - PRICED NOT TO SELL? PRICED TO KEEP? PRICED TO HAND DOWN TO YOUR GRAND KIDS?

AND NO JOHN - THE FIRST TO SEE WILL NOT BUY YOU MORON.

Associate
Albeit some assistance from the lorry but this was loaded lorrys uphill through snow which they were unable to do themselves due to the conditions.
That was a great video. Truck driver is all like 'yea, give it a go then m8', then it starts pulling it. :D

Soldato
OP
Thought of a couple more that seem to bug me.

Infotainment - the word just winds me up for some reason especially when it has to be quoted with the screen size in inches.

Turbo - Obviously only applicable to the Taycan. Turbo short for Turbocharger... which an EV doesn't have :mad:

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Many of the best already covered.

I’m going to add: “it’s a beast”, usually when talking about some jumped up hatchback.
Makes me want to drag them off to the nearest zoo and throw them with an angry grizzly bear.

Caporegime
Turbo - Obviously only applicable to the Taycan. Turbo short for Turbocharger... which an EV doesn't have :mad:

To be honest the addition of a "Turbo" badge is, these days, rather irrelevant even for those cars with turbocharged engines (99% of the Internal Combustion Engine new-car market?). Back in the 80s where a turbo was rare or a novelty, sure, but when it's synonymous with "engine", kinda pointless.

Zafira TURBO, rofl.

Adverts that claim it is in mint condition. When you arrive it's an uncared for POS, with ring and key scratches around the door handles, kerbed alloys and a dent in the wing.
Not terminology as such, but it really annoys me.

Also when adverts doesn't provide information on the far condition, it just gives a long list of things it has that every car has I.e power steering, seatbelts, air conditioning etc.

Soldato
OP
To be honest the addition of a "Turbo" badge is, these days, rather irrelevant even for those cars with turbocharged engines (99% of the Internal Combustion Engine new-car market?). Back in the 80s where a turbo was rare or a novelty, sure, but when it's synonymous with "engine", kinda pointless.

Zafira TURBO, rofl.
True, I guess it should be filed in the same category as 16v badges from the 1990s!

Soldato
'Foot garage'

This is the rear footspace in EV's - where the batteries are cut out of the floor space to create more leg room and enable a more natural seating position.

Last edited:
Soldato
True, I guess it should be filed in the same category as 16v badges from the 1990s!
I don't know what's worse, turbo on a taycan or companies using turbo for their top model (also porsche) when the whole range is turboed. Also cabin is the correct term for inside the car, what else would you call it:confused:.

Back
Top Bottom