Carabao Cup - Fourth Round ** Spoilers ** [29th Sept - 1st Oct 2020]

Associate
Like Zidane what actual greatness did Guardiola have? He walked into one of the best football teams of our generation. Went into a treble winning Bayern side and failed. He has been at City for 5 years now and spent a Billion (This is a guess btw but it wouldn't surprise if I wasn't far off) and still hasn't won a champions league with City..

Dunno people keep quoting Zidane and Pep as a debate against what I'm saying when I've brought neither of those names up.

Bielsa has taken a fallen giant that has been into the wilderness for the past 20 years. Took them from mid table mediocrity to winning the championship in two seasons.

Look let's not make out Leeds are a small club, they have a huge following. It took them years to get over some of the worse mismanagement seen but getting them into the
premiership is no more remarkable than clubs smaller than them that have done it before. It's not like they are Wigan, Blackpool, Hull, Bournemouth and so on. Big deal he won the championship with good ideas. He's won nothing. Maybe City will appoint him when they sack pep and we can see how he fares with top club pressure and an expectation to actually win things.

Soldato
Obviously we will never know but I’d be inclined to believe Pep’s coaching has made him a better player. Like Aguero, Sterling, Silva etc

Sterling signed for 50 million pounds before the market got silly. He was already a very good play...he just got older.
Pep yet again inherited a very good side and they remained very good. His signings have been bang average and his record in Europe just poor.

Soldato
Pep spent more on city defenders than FSG bought Liverpool for, pep clearly can't spot defenders

I don't judge him on Barca as the team was that good I think most managers would have won something with that team.

City issue is same as it was last year they need to fix defence
Until then they won't win in Europe

Don
Sterling signed for 50 million pounds before the market got silly. He was already a very good play...he just got older.
Pep yet again inherited a very good side and they remained very good. His signings have been bang average and his record in Europe just poor.

All very well saying that now but Liverpool fans were absolutely ****ing themselves when they paid that much for him, it turned out to be a bargain. You have to give him some credit for Sterling’s development.

Also, I’m pretty sure it’s not Pep bringing these defenders in, he has a team around him who do that so the club or Txiki Begiristain need to be held responsible, not just the manager (maybe that is why he’s still in a job).

He’s also still brought some of the best football played ever to the Prem, that can’t just be done by any old person inheriting a good team. The hatred on here is pretty evident towards City, shame there are no fans to defend them.

Soldato
All very well saying that now but Liverpool fans were absolutely ****ing themselves when they paid that much for him, it turned out to be a bargain. You have to give him some credit for Sterling’s development.

Also, I’m pretty sure it’s not Pep bringing these defenders in, he has a team around him who do that so the club or Txiki Begiristain need to be held responsible, not just the manager (maybe that is why he’s still in a job).

He’s also still brought some of the best football played ever to the Prem, that can’t just be done by any old person inheriting a good team. The hatred on here is pretty evident towards City, shame there are no fans to defend them.

Sterling was already playing at a very high level....His progression was always going to happen so no, I don't credit Pep with that at all. Like I said, back then 50 mil was worldy type money....You don't pay that unless you're buying quality.

Peps the manager...If signings don't work out then sorry but I'm looking at him. He's spent so much money on absolute dross it's unreal. He should be getting called out weekly yet somehow has a free pass.

Back
Top Bottom