Carabao Cup - Third Round ** Spoilers ** [22nd-24th September 2020]

Man of Honour
I live for the day you and Tombstone aren't complaining about our side @Mark1989. Reading your posts I sometimes forget we've just won the League.

You should go back through the 13 years of my posts, you'll probably find that its an even balance overall of positive and negative posts. I speak my mind and thoughts on my club, I'm not going to wax lyrical about all aspects of the club because we won and Im not going to criticise all aspects when we lose. Balance and looking at pros and cons is how I look at most all things in life, my views on a football team , even more so an individual component of that team, is no different.

Caporegime
Faultless first half performance but we lost a bit of composure and control in defence once VVD was subbed at half time.

Jones and Minamino were the two stand out players for me but the left back also impressed and looked very similar to Robertson on and off the ball. Even his scuffed shot with his right foot was very Robertson-esque :o

Man of Honour
Overall, the result I expected, dont think too much can be made of the 2 goals conceded, VVD had gone off and with a 5 goal lead the defence probably had eased off too.

Jones looked good, Neco looked good, Minnie looked great, Shaq did what Shaq does. Didnt really see too much of Elliott. Rhys W looked ok need to see more of him really. Tsimikas I thought looked very promising, first Ive really seen of him. Jota looked ok but unfortunately came on at a time where we had eased back slightly. Will be interesting to see what team Klopp picks for the Arsenal cup match.

Don
You should go back through the 13 years of my posts, you'll probably find that its an even balance overall of positive and negative posts.
You must have been really positive when we weren't winning then because you've not been in the last 18 months :p All I can remember in the last 18 months is criticism, whether that be all our midfielders not being good enough or not signing any old player in the transfer market.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that this side could be remembered as the best side in our history - we've got world class players in nearly every position, winning games at a rate that only this side and City of 17/18-18/19 have ever done before and we're complaining because Chelsea have signed 5 players that wouldn't get into our side and because Origi is our 6th choice attacker. I find it amazing.

Man of Honour
You must have been really positive when we weren't winning then because you've not been in the last 18 months :p All I can remember in the last 18 months is criticism, whether that be all our midfielders not being good enough or not signing any old player in the transfer market.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that this side could be remembered as the best side in our history - we've got world class players in nearly every position, winning games at a rate that only this side and City of 17/18-18/19 have ever done before and we're complaining because Chelsea have signed 5 players that wouldn't get into our side and because Origi is our 6th choice attacker. I find it amazing.

Again, I'd suggest you go back through the last 18 months of my posts, overall again you will probably find a balance of positives and negatives. You recall the negative posts because those stand out more than the positive ones, not necessarily because more of them exist, its the way the human mind works, its why we think that hands of cards or RNG in a game is against us, because we remember the things that go wrong more than the things that go right. I'm sure theres probably a psychological term for why the human mind works that way

Don
It was a throw away comment @Tombstone, don't take it so seriously. I did find the fact that you bet on Chelsea to win the League a bit mad though. As above, not one of their signings (or any player in fact) gets in our side.

Man of Honour
It was a throw away comment @Tombstone, don't take it so seriously. I did find the fact that you bet on Chelsea to win the League a bit mad though. As above, not one of their signings (or any player in fact) gets in our side.

Well the bet was 50/1, no point in betting on the favourites as the winnings are too marginal :D

Don
Rightly so, he has future Liverpool captain written all over him
Most important thing is he keeps his feet on the ground and doesn't get away with himself. His confidence at the moment is great but it can't turn into over confidence or arrogance. He's a good player but I think in his mind he thinks he should be starting every week. As long as he's willing to learn and develop then he'll have a great career, if he wants everything too quickly then he could end up as a big fish in a Crystal Palace pond in 3 years.

Man of Honour
Most important thing is he keeps his feet on the ground and doesn't get away with himself. His confidence at the moment is great but it can't turn into over confidence or arrogance. He's a good player but I think in his mind he thinks he should be starting every week. As long as he's willing to learn and develop then he'll have a great career, if he wants everything too quickly then he could end up as a big fish in a Crystal Palace pond in 3 years.

I think thats where Klopps presence can really help, of all the managers out there I reckon Klopps one of the best at player development and keeping them grounded whilst continuing their growth. With Klopp guiding him I think he will keep nicely on the straight and narrow.

Back
Top Bottom