1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case for watercooling

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by utherpendragon, 19 Jun 2006.

1. utherpendragon

Hitman

Looking at the antec p180. Nice looker and the top vent looks like a possible spot to feed tubing through discretly. Are there any better cases for the money though? Looking at using a 120.3 radiator on it so ideas on mounting spots would be greatly appreciated as well.

2. Mikey1280

Wise Guy

If you want to mount a 120.3 internally you will need a fairly large case, something like a stacker. I dont think theres room in the top of the P180, you could probably hang it off the back though

3. Yewen

Capodecina

Lian Li G70 is another option. :)

Huge case, and very good fro watercooling.

The case it is based on is probably the most sucessful case for watercooling ever, Lian Li PC7*.

4. Messiah Khan

Capodecina

I highly doubt you could fit a 120.3 internally in a p180. Also the tripple panel walls might be tough to cut.

5. WJA96

Capodecina

Because Thermaltake actually build versions of their cases with big radiators in them, if you buy the non-water-cooled versions, they should be pretty straightforward to fit water-cooling into.

I would always recommend the pre-built route though (I have a Koolance PC3-725) and I would suggest you look at the Koolance web site for inspiration.

The new Koolance PC4 models are based on the latest Coolermaster and Lian-Li chassis and do look like a small improvement on the old PC3 models.

6. gr1mey

Wise Guy

rekon you could fit a 120.3 in the top of a p180, might have to sacrifice a couple of 5.25"ers though (and obviously use the existing top 120mm fan mount)

as said though the panels would be a bit tricky to cut, you have to go real slow with a jigsaw with a nice sharp blade in order to not melt the plastic.

7. utherpendragon

Hitman

Thinking about getting the p180 and mounting the radiator on either the side or rear of the case (with a radbox). With this I could feed to tubing through the existing top vent (cutting away at the guard if there is one there). Does anybody see any obvious problems with this (first real step into watercooling).

8. ichabod crane

Man of Honour

[​IMG]

nothin more needs to be said V1000B