Case Issue

Associate
I recently purchased the I7 (4ghz) bundle with the mighty fenrik cooler and went to fit it in my existing case Coolermaster ATCS-200 and things did not go to well. Had to fit it when the mobo tray was in place as it was too large and then thought hmmm problem time...

When the cooler is in place it sticks up about 1-2cm above where the sides would be - basically the copper bits at the top. The case width is 19cm and with the cooler being about 16cm top to bottom due to the mobo tray being slightly away from sides of case it doesnt all fit.

Is this a common problem with cases and if so do i have to take that into account if i wish to buy a new case? Other option would be a smaller cooler but then the 4ghz overclock wouldnt be guaranteed so tad wasteful.

Thoughts on other cases as ideally want to stick to something ~45cm high or thoughts on cutting a hole in side of case and letting heatsink stick out :eek:

Soldato
ATCS is pretty old now and computer parts, the heat they put out and consequently the cooling required has generally kept going up (certain p4's being a notable blip!). I would stick with the fenir and get a new case like the smaller HAF or similiar most cases state there dimensions [922 haf Dimensions: 253mm (W) x 502mm (H) x 563mm (D)]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom