1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases with space for radiator in bottom?

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by DeeJayCee, 20 Apr 2010.

1. DeeJayCee

Gangster

Hiya,

been trying to hunt down a midi tower case that could take a 120.2 or 120.3 or 140 Version would be even better, but so the rad sits horizontally taking air through the case floorplate.

Am busy looking through the pinned case gallery, but thought I'd throw it up here for any reccomendations.

As a guide, I really really like the antec p183 but there are a couple of things not quite right about it for me (trying to avoid holes in top of case as my beer often finds it's way there and don't want to trash my pc!).

Dremel modding not a huge problem, so feel free to suggest cases that don't already have holes

Cheers!

Jase

2. Marvin

Mobster

The Coolermaster 690 II Advanced has a space for a 120x2 Rad in the bottom, and either a 120x2 or a 140x2 radiator in the top (and the hole spacing actually works).

3. shahpor

Hitman

I agree with Marvin, the CM-690 has some nice spaces for rads.

Only thing is, if you want to mount them in the bottom, you will need to remove the hard drive rails that hold the last 4 hard drives in. This will leave you with space to install 2 drives unless you want to mount them in 5.25 bays.

However, it has a nice removable dust guard on the bottom as well as a moveable front 140mm fan.

The top is even better :) The top of the case pops off with a couple of clips and the holes for the 2 140mm fans are pre-drilled (1 140mm fan is already fitted). But the nice thing is there is space inside the top cover for a rad.

Overall, a nicely set up case. :)

4. DeeJayCee

Gangster

Thanks for the replies. I've looked at that case and quite liked it. However, have gone off it a bit now.

5. bigsharn

Hitman

Have a look for a second hand Lian Li V series, it means taking the hard drive rack, as with the CM, but the're beautiful cases

The X series is also worth a look, but I'm afraid I can't help much with that`

6. setter

Caporegime

7. dazzerd

Wise Guy

I have a 120.2 in the bottom of my case, see sig (and one in the top). But it needed modding and the hard drive cages moving. I'll post a picture when I get back from work.

8. cook001

Gangster

Hi
    You can fit a 2x 120 rad at the bottom of the haf 932.Then mount the psu the top of the case.
    Hope this helps

9. mast3r

Mobster

TJ07

10. dazzerd

Wise Guy

SOrry about the rubbish pictures but you can see the rad in the bottom on the top there is plenty of room if you are willing to get the holesaw out :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]