Cat on her last legs

Man of Honour
Sorry to hear the news.

I know that some people may laugh at the concept, but the loss of a pet can be very traumatic. Some would say its just an animal but its more than that, its often a companion, a companion who has usually been with a person for longer than many of their human relationships.

Associate
This thread depresses me. I have 2 cats one is 7 months one is 3 years. Both we brought in off the street when they were very young. Lets hope they have a long life before the inevitable happens :(

Associate
Very sad to read this. I went through the same kind of situation a year or so ago, with my ex's cat Pebbles who became my most loyal friend, and stayed with me when we split up. She would, quite literally, talk to me with her sqwauks and miaows - the cat people will know what I'm talking about :D

It was the most heart-breaking thing to do, taking her to the vets that night, they're 10 minutes walk away so I just carried her down, and talked to her all the way.

But you know what? Reading this has made me realise that I want another cat now. To feel the lows you've got to have had the highs.

(EDIT - first post! so, hello all :D))

Back
Top Bottom