Cat /Pet water fountain - anyone have one?

Permabanned
We have 3 cats and each has his / her preference. No. 1 likes water from the tap, No. 2 will only drink from the bowl on the floor and No. 3 never seems to drink anything at all. Mind you, he's a boy, so he probably drinks round someone else's house.

Soldato
I have a Staywell pet fountain for my cats. We got one as one of my cats was having health problems due to not drinking enough. The fountain sounds like a barmy dog jacket type extravagence, but it really works and it solved the problems Pootle was having.
As said above, the pumps can clog up and die if left too long without being cleaned out, but a replacement was only a tenner.

**edit** In fact, ours is the second one on that page (£29.99).
Well worth it.

Soldato
We have the Fresh Flow Pet Fountain(second one down in the link), both our cats dont like it when its on as its fairly loud. It sits the now with no pump in it, although they still prefer the pint of water that i leave for them by my bed.

Soldato
Dingo said:
Had the same with mine and was advised by the vet that, depending on the food they are fed, cats can get liquid\moisture from it (ie) Mine gets loads of tuna in spring water.

There you go, just saved you £60 of vet's fees!! :eek:

Feeding lots of tuna isn't a good thing, as cats can become addicted to it and end up refusing to eat anything else. It also contains something that's really bad for them, but I can't remember what it is offhand, one of the minerals anyway.

I have a cat-it dome thing, but it is horrible to clean (it gets gunked up like an aquarium filter), and if you don't pay close attention it can run dry and damage the water.
Personally, I now just leave a tap on. My cats will only drink out of a bowl if they don't have access to a tap, although one will run to the bath anyway, and meow or just sit there until it is turned on! So long as area around the drain is clean, and it's only dripping, there shouldn't be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom