• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Catalyst 6.5 are out

Soldato
Does the ccc show the right clock speeds, i have this card as of today Connect3D ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB 625MHz ATI Radeon R580 Core (X1900)
- 1450MHz GDDR3 Extreme performance memory

thats what it says on overs webbie, but in ccc its got Graphics Prossesor status 500mhz and for memory 594 does anyone know if its ccc or is there another way i can find out.

Ignore that just reading above whats said and answer my question :)

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Jabbs said:
Does the ccc show the right clock speeds, i have this card as of today Connect3D ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB 625MHz ATI Radeon R580 Core (X1900)
- 1450MHz GDDR3 Extreme performance memory

thats what it says on overs webbie, but in ccc its got Graphics Prossesor status 500mhz and for memory 594 does anyone know if its ccc or is there another way i can find out.

Ignore that just reading above whats said and answer my question :)

hehe i was about to say that too. I asked this 6 posts up :D lol

Associate
Finaly a good set of cats. Ati broke things with 6.3, but now all is well again with 6.5. No more wireframe mode due to vsync in planetside and best of all, VIVO is working again with the new unified wdm driver. Although MMC is still broken (wont acknowledge existance of svid/comp) but dscaler does the job nicely (nothing worked with the wdm driver in 6.3/6.4).

Soldato
MadMatty said:
Finaly a good set of cats. Ati broke things with 6.3, but now all is well again with 6.5. No more wireframe mode due to vsync in planetside and best of all, VIVO is working again with the new unified wdm driver. Although MMC is still broken (wont acknowledge existance of svid/comp) but dscaler does the job nicely (nothing worked with the wdm driver in 6.3/6.4).
I have seen the wireframe mode in quake4 which I recently reinstalled. I also got horrible performance with shadows enabled, I dont remember having to disable them previously. Im using Omega 6.5.

Caporegime
Jabbs said:
Cant you use the normal control panel anymore ? :confused: , this catalyst control centre is crap

Yes you can, if the FireMV drivers for 6.5 are the same as all the rest, as they are just the Cats with the old CP, but if not, then just download the drivers on their own, and go grab ATi Tray Tools from Guru3D to do all yer AA/AF etc... settings. :)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Clairvoyant said:
I know there used to be a program to totaly uninstall nvidia drivers, but cant remember what is was.

My X1900 xtx arrives today.

Drivercleaner Pro

Btw - I couldn't quite remember where i seen it but what is the the v-sync equilvant called in CCC. I know it had a different name to it or something

FYI - i recently reinstalled the 6.5 drivers from scratch and it was perfectly ok to install. My initial problem when i first switched cards may have been caused by the redundant/cache files from my previous nvidia drivers install.

Not really sure if i needed to reinstall the gfx drivers anyway just cause i changed from a crt to a lcd monitor.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Is the old CP better than the new?. Being new to ATI i don't know which is better. TBH i am not bothered about all the fancy menus if it means my pc to boot up faster.

Very slight niggles is that it always takes a second to bring up ccc and the screen flashes a few times for the .net framework to kick in. In the preference i have adjusted it to the windows skins but it only slightly increased the speed of ccc.

Soldato
Kyo said:
Is the old CP better than the new?. Being new to ATI i don't know which is better. TBH i am not bothered about all the fancy menus if it means my pc to boot up faster.

Very slight niggles is that it always takes a second to bring up ccc and the screen flashes a few times for the .net framework to kick in. In the preference i have adjusted it to the windows skins but it only slightly increased the speed of ccc.
I have heard that there is an option to speed up CCC slightly, uncheck detect 3d settings each time I load. I dont run it personally and was always happy with the CP, and not so happy that anything was forced on me.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Goksly said:
ive never understood the problem with the CCC.... you dont really have to open it more than once a month... do you?

Well that precisely my point. Yes you shouldn't need to open it once you got everything setup like way you like it. But it shouldnt be a feature you should avoid opening or deter you from using/opening.

The other thing is that with the standard drivers you really need ccc to configure it and not got a choice not to run it.

I am not complaining or moaning but just answering your question as i am impressed with my new card.

Caporegime
Goksly said:
ive never understood the problem with the CCC.... you dont really have to open it more than once a month... do you?

Fully agree, ppl must be in and out of there like 200 times a day, just download the drivers, set it up (10 seconds if that), leave it, and that is hard how.... :D

Caporegime
Goksly said:

To be fair people who tweak and bench use the control panel more than a few times a day, and I cans ee it becoming irritating in that sense. :)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Been using the card with the new set of drivers now for a few weeks without any problems at all. However on just a few occasions there was some slight concerns.

Think i was playing de_nuke in CSS and in the top BP there normally 2 long shafts of light that filtered through the 2 open windows on roof. On this one occasion the shafts of light didn't seem to be rendered properly and ended up to be just 2 shafts of white *nothing*. Almost like a blank pillar poking from the 2 windows.

Thankfully i stop and started css and it was no problem. Have loaded & played it countless times thereafter and it had no problem like that at all, or with any other maps.

Second instance was that i was playing Desperado 2 and i think on one of the levels, you can switch to 3rd player mode *normally a overhead view" RTS game. The graphics themselves were all fine but the sky and the background shades were all distorted and the placeholders for each part of the sky was marked out in blocks and tiles.

It did give me a scare thinking it was a problem with the card but from reading froom a few resources there been on-going problems with ati cards playing this game so i think it due to software and not the hardware. There is a patch for it but there a disclaimer on it

"Known driver problems:

1. Issues on ATI-Cards especially with Catalyst 6.2 or 6.3. driver

- Particles may not work with Catalyst 6.2. or 6.3. drivers (e.g. shooting, walking, explosions, gas, waterfalls and smoke)
- Particles will cause a slowdown of 15-50% or more on all ATI graphics cards
- On Radeon X1800 Crossfire cards: flickering lines may appear during gameplay.
- On Radeon X850 Crossfire cards: flickering lines may appear during gameplay.
- On Radeon X850 XT cards: flickering lines may appear during gameplay.

The issues mentioned may be fixed by new ATI drivers released after March 2006.
"

Now from that the 6.5 has fixed a good number of issues but there still a few bugs with it as it got the following.

3) ATI: On ATI graphic cards, severe problems may be occurring, See Readme Section II. DESPERADOS 2 – COOPER’S REVENGE 1.00 (Build v1.13/1.23)
Please check ATI website for the latest Catalyst drivers (Catalyst 6.4. does not provide major fixes yet).
ATI assumes that with Catalyst driver 6.5, to be released in May 2006, particles should be visible on most or all ATI cards.

not sure if i should have made a different thread for this but just in case anyone else has experienced this issue and is worried about their card. I don't think it a problem with ati/drivers but moreso with the way the game was made. Hopefully someone else that more knowledgeable can confirm that my assessment is the most likely case as i am 99.99999% sure of it, unless i see further issues in other games or applications.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why wont the Overdrive load any more. I was using ATI Tool.

I have uninstalled,ati tool

Uninstalled and reinstalled the cat6.5`s

ATI overdrive capibitities have not been properly initialized yet. please try again later.

Back
Top Bottom