Ceiling fan instead of pedestal fan?

Soldato
Im thinking about replacing my Pedestal fan for a ceiling fan, but do they actually move more air around and can you feel it without being directly underneath it?

This is the fan m thinking of buying, a 42"
n8irMEW.png

Soldato
Soldato
I've been saying for years that we should get a ceiling fan, both in our old house and this one. The issue is i never seem to find one i like enough to make the purchase without getting into ridiculous money.

Also, do they need proper mains power or can they run off a 5a lighting circuit? I assume the latter as in many cases they replace a ceiling light.

Soldato
It's funny as you linked that, I bought one of those in July 2018 (told me on the page:p). Its great, shifts a lot of air and on the lowest setting is quiet enough to leave running overnight (and I'm a very light sleeper). Quite easy to fit, just don't do trampolines on your bed:cry:.
Almost decapitated my 1 year old over the weekend, so be careful if you have kids and bounce them up onto your hips :cry::p

Soldato
I've been saying for years that we should get a ceiling fan, both in our old house and this one. The issue is i never seem to find one i like enough to make the purchase without getting into ridiculous money.

Also, do they need proper mains power or can they run off a 5a lighting circuit? I assume the latter as in many cases they replace a ceiling light.

Normal light circuit is fine.

Associate
Does any fan exist whereby you can keep your existing light fitting, so the fan is installed, then the light fitting can be fitted below it? We'd like to keep our current bedroom ceiling light, but I'm struggling to find anything that allows it so guessing it doesn't exist?

Soldato

Which to a lot of people can be quite annoying in a bedroom when they're trying to sleep.

Some people can also have limited floorspace in bedrooms, i know when we looked at some newer builds there wasn't much room in the bedrooms as they'd made them all tiny so they could claim it was a 4 bedroom house, when in reality 3 decent bedrooms would've been much better.

Back
Top Bottom