1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centerparcs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phate, 28 May 2006.

1. Phate

Caporegime

Hey folks, for my 18th mums booking a villa for upto 4 people for a week to goto centerparcs :D

but there are 4 centerparcs villages to goto now i've never been to any of them before but im told that Elvedon (sp?) is very good, has some good night life aswell etc.

Just wondering what to expect really. and if anyone can reccomend any of the villages to goto what to take aswell.

Thanks for any info and help :)

2. KaHn

Capodecina

Will be expensive, its one of those places where you spend alot to go and they it costs to do anything extra.

If its you and your mates I would suggest just going away somewhere else.

KaHn

/edit:- or just go camping :D

3. iamgud

PermaBanned

It is really for kids and families, although I had fun on the waterslides and paintball. :D

Better going somewhere else.

4. Voy06

Hitman

I went with my family to the Centerparcs at Sherwood Forest. If you and your mates like outdoor activities then I can defo recommend it. It can become very expensive though as you get charged for every activity you go on.

5. Phate

Caporegime

ok then,

suggestions on where else to go for my 18th then

6. KaHn

Capodecina

What date is it?

KaHn

7. Belmit

Man of Honour

IIRC, Center Parcs don't allow large same sex bookings for under 21s (might even be higher), simply to avoid anti-social behaviour. Much better off going somewhere else - go paintballing, then camping somewhere, then maybe something the next day if you want it to be a weekend type thing.

8. holly35

Wise Guy

Iv been to centre parcs twice, elvelden and longleat. One was as a kid, and one with a friend when i was about 15.

Its quite fun, especially if you like cycling, but very over priced for everything!
    When I went as a kid I wanted to do lots but with 4 other kids we couldnt afford to do everything lol
    And Ive been too young to take advantage of the night life, or been able to do much myself! I went horse rising though and my friends dad acidently booked us into the advanced course, when both of my friends had never properly ridden a horse...that was certainly a fun/scary experience for them lol

Beautiful scenery though, would be nice as a weekend break for a couple i think with all the lakes and nice walks etc

I would suggest u perhaps choose an activity you and all your friends will enjoy and book it seperatly, but then if your mum is loaded go for centre parcs :p

9. KaHn

Capodecina

See I really hated centre parks in the lakes, I used to do alot of walking when I was younger around the lakes and Scotland, I just find it as far too artificial, the lake at the one I went to was more of a pond and everything was just seemed wrong.

If you are looking to do adventure stuff, look at staying in a Youth Hostel and plan your activities with local groups, it will be a bit harder to orginise but much better in the long run.

KaHn

10. holly35

Wise Guy

yeah i was going to mention that, it is beautiful but very artifical at the same time!

11. Stellios

Capodecina

Been to the Shewwood one many a time. Basically, a week abroad would cost you less. You pay to hire bikes if you want them, then you pay for everything you do apart from swimming. Its not too bad £5 for a tennis court for 40 mins, but it all builds up.

Its really good fun, and i love going, aint been in 2 years now though, used to go every year.

12. jamoor

Sgarrista

Sounds like a scam to me, they get you in there for cheap and then shaft you and rip you off for every little thing.

13. Christo

Sgarrista

dont go there - aka 'chavparcs'

14. Stellios

Capodecina

Youve been to Oasis then, never had bother with chavs at center parcs, ever, and ive been about 8 times. However, Oasis was dire and full fo chavs.

15. Smiley Man

Soldato

Go and camp somewhere nice (new forest maybe) and go clubbing (bournemouth, southampton)

iirc you can drive? so drive to the campsite, set up, have a few drinks there, get a taxi into the town, hit the clubs til they close, get a taxi back, sleep for a day, drive home

hey i might do that in the holidays actually:p