Championship playoff Final **Spoilers**

Soldato
well.. even though i am nice and wanted leeds promoted... i suppose its payback for the lad at work who takes the "pee" out of me (jokingly) for being a newcastle fan..

i cant see what his grounds were really... but its major payback time..

provided leeds dont come back.. but ultimately id rather they did

Permabanned
Such a poor performance by Leeds, just didn't seem up for it.
Fair play to Watford though, from being relegation candidates they have got promotion to the premiership.

Let's hope they take Sunderland's place and be the whipping boys. :D

Man of Honour
Rubbish.

Rubbish game. Rubbish pitch. Rubbish officiating. Rubbish tactics (from both sides).

I feel sorry for any neutral watching that.

Watford will get battered week-in week-out next season. Sunderland's record is under threat.

Soldato
Well done Watford. Looked the better side out of the two in all their playoff matches imo. It'll be interesting to see if the Premiership new boys can emulate the Hammers and Wigan next season.

Permabanned
Nuclearbaggins said:
he he sure they wont mind £30million(ish) for being that, not a massive fan of leeds(especially) or watford but best team on the day did what was needed. Well done Watford.

Yeah I'm the same, Leeds are not a team I really like but as my team West Ham lost 2 years ago in the play-off final I can understand what the fans are going through.

All season Watford have been attack minded and that showed today.

Associate
atpbx said:
Typical first division fare, long ball, long ball, long ball.
Both teams by passing the midfield, no passing game.

Which is a shame, its not right that every team in the football league below 20th in the premiership plays football like a bad pub side.
Nice of you to tar all 72 league clubs with the same brush...I trust you're quite the expert on the 'lower leagues' then... :mad:

On a lighter note, well done Watford! It shows no one 'deserves' promotion - you have to earn it. No doubt they'll be favourites for relegation but good luck 'em :)

Soldato
OP
Well done Watford. :)

Even if they did win it on set pieces, they made them count. They will need to work on their overall take on the ball as they all looked a bit skittish with no real idea of who was where. Fantastic result either way and I hope they do well in the prem.

Man of Honour
Gilly said:
Rubbish.

Rubbish game. Rubbish pitch. Rubbish officiating. Rubbish tactics (from both sides).

I feel sorry for any neutral watching that.

Watford will get battered week-in week-out next season. Sunderland's record is under threat.

to be fair, leeds would have been a lot worse if they were in the premiership next season

Well done watford :)

Back
Top Bottom