Championship playoff Final **Spoilers**

Soldato
Gilly said:
Rubbish.

Rubbish game. Rubbish pitch. Rubbish officiating. Rubbish tactics (from both sides).

I feel sorry for any neutral watching that.

Watford will get battered week-in week-out next season. Sunderland's record is under threat.

hah :p

Same would have applied if Leeds had gone up, tbh :)

Man of Honour
NiCkNaMe said:
hah :p

Same would have applied if Leeds had gone up, tbh :)
Except Leeds have the fanbase, the brand, the ability to attract players, better strength in depth...

In fact, it wouldn't have been the same at all really.

Soldato
Leeds will be up next season, they came awfully close this season so I expect them to get promoted next year. I agree with some points that Gilly has made about Leed's fanbase, brand name and the ability to attract bigger players than other clubs in the Championship. It'll be very interesting to see how Watford perform in the Premiership.

Soldato
Gilly said:
Except Leeds have the fanbase, the brand, the ability to attract players, better strength in depth...

In fact, it wouldn't have been the same at all really.

the yorkshire army marching on, but having a bit of a rest it seems.

Man of Honour
Hate said:
the yorkshire army marching on, but having a bit of a rest it seems.
Not really. Don't think anyone expected to be pushing for promotion and guaranteed to be in the playoffs as early as it happened. Hasn't been a rest, its been a full-on charge since rather early on in the season.

The players know each other now, and with £8.5m off the wage bill at the end of this season and the cash from the playoff final and cup runs I think we'll see the addition of a couple more quality players too.

To have even been in the final is a remarkable achievement.

Soldato
Gilly said:
To have even been in the final is a remarkable achievement.

I'll give any team kudos for doing that, but as a Brighton fan i've only seen the bad side of the leeds fans when they were down. They had an arrogance about them that they had some sort of right to be in the premiership, and when brighton took 4 points each season we got people on our forum bitching and how they shouldn't be there etc.. etc..

This is only with my experience of away fans at the withdean

Don
I'm sure we'll be up there next season, I think Bates would have had a 3 year plan to get back in the Premiership, so we have to do it next year.

I just hope blackwell sorts his tactics out, we were poor with the same tactics against Preston but made it through, I knew it wouldn't work against Watford.

About time he made use of the strikers we've got. I'm pretty sure Bates will make sure we get up next year.

I was gutted yesterday, I hope Blackwell sorts stuff out :(

Don
Yeah, I think it was strange him getting a 3 year contract anyway, as he doesn't have the know how in the Prem anyway.

But hey, it's completely irrelevant, I just hope he doesn't mess up with the last few games again.

But yeah, Bates isn't the most patient.

Vialli/Gullit anyone? :D

Soldato
Gilly said:
Leeds have the fanbase, the brand, the ability to attract players, better strength in depth...

Yeah i heard a few of the Brazil team wanna come to play for Leeds, i think it was do to with the 'brand' and the 'ability Leeds have to attract players' and those warm summer nights........ :D

Soldato
Hate said:
yeah, if you keep dropping points to people like us then you'll never go back up :p

I've held my tongue but so true lol.

Ok, we have gone down, but we have scalps. Leeds have two more seasons to get up or we lose the £150,000 they owe us. I'm sure that's why they lost yesterday :p

Well done Watford :) It's nice to see "smaller" clubs getting a share of the Premiership pie.

Soldato
Crazy Fool said:
Yeah i heard a few of the Brazil team wanna come to play for Leeds, i think it was do to with the 'brand' and the 'ability Leeds have to attract players' and those warm summer nights........ :D

What like the World Cup winning Roque Junior who played for Leeds recently....

Associate
Vandle said:
There was thread on here the other week about this.
Sunderland got 16m for finishing bottom , and iirc Southend got 40k for winning promotion.
Its wrong.

Totally agree.

To quote 4-4-2, since then the Premier League was formed in the 90's, the 'top flight' clubs have received £3.675bn in TV money alone, while 38 out of 72 Football League clubs have been insolvent. The premier league is slowly but surely siphoning money from the lower leagues, to line the pockets of ‘top’ premiership players.

Moving football to Sky TV, Pay Per View TV, combined with escalating ticket prices means fans’ wallets are being hit harder than ever, and the clubs are becoming more and more distant from their lifeblood – the fans.

Fortunately the public are becoming more and more aware of this fact, and are turning their backs on top-flight football – attendances are falling as a result. For example, the charity shield match between chelsea and arsenal last year had an attendance of 58,000, meaning there were almost 17,000(!) unsold tickets on the day.

On the other hand, attendances across all three-football leagues are on the up. In the football league, fans can enjoy accessible, attractive football and a fantastic matchday experience, for a fraction of the price of a premiership ticket.

The sooner the FA apply a wage cap to the premier league, and distribute TV money more evenly, the better.

Actually, forget that! If the clubs want, they can continue to haemorrhage their money on overpaid, over hyped players, the fans will continue to desert them. The premier league's loss is the football league's gain :D

Southend is a prime example of this :D

Back
Top Bottom