changing domain/email host

Soldato
Any recommendations for a reliable host?

I've got my own domain but use only the email aspect of it through gmail. But I'm finding a lot of the time my email goes into peoples junk or spam folder or takes longer to appear in my inbox.

I've had it just over a year but quickly started using it daily so reluctant to change again. I've also email my current host, easyspace, about it and even though they claim they've changed something nothing has appeared to have improved.

Soldato
I don't think that will be a problem with the host (unless they also manage the DNS for you?).

Your emails being caught by recipients spam checker is likely to be related to the DNS settings you have. Make sure you have SPF and DKIM records set up correctly (https://support.google.com/a/topic/9061731)

The time it takes emails to arrive isn't related to the domain host either. It's either the sending server (gmail), receiving server or receiving device (eg. mobile phone might only check for new emails every 10 mins or something)

Soldato
If your emails are going into junk check you've got SPF, DKIM and DMARC setup correctly, if your already using your custom domain on gsuite the only other big player is moving it to o365.

Back
Top Bottom