Changing my name

Soldato
Cobra said:
I don't mind! Derail my thread as much as you like, some funny names coming up! I've had some useful info too.

@ leaskovski, can't have symbols in there. Otherwise, that would already be my name :D
What??? There are rules to name changes! Don't tell me the goverment has published a white paper on it??

Permabanned
OP
leaskovski said:
What??? There are rules to name changes! Don't tell me the goverment has published a white paper on it??

Yep, rules are;

We will not accept an order for a Deed Poll for a name that:

* is impossible to pronounce,
* includes numbers or symbols,
* includes punctuation marks - although you can have a hyphen to link forenames or surnames (for example, if you want a double-barrelled surname) and an apostrophe in the case of surnames like O'Brien.
* we consider vulgar, offensive, blasphemous or unsuitable,
* may result in others believing you have a conferred or inherited honour, title or rank, for example, a change of first name to Sir, Lord, Lady, Prince, Princess, Baron, Baroness, Count, Countess, General, Colonel etc.,
* does not include at least one forename and one surname.

The site also says;

Some people like the idea of having what we call a fun name. We have issued Deed Polls for fun names such as Jellyfish McSaveloy, Toasted T Cake, Nineteen Sixty-Eight, Hong Kong Phooey, Father Christmas, Ed Kase, Ting A Ling, Huggy Bear, Donald Duck, Save Barnsley FC and James Bond.

Soldato
It costs about £20 online for whatever you want and you get official deed poll certificates and they can be used for passport issue. My gf did the exact same thing and changed her name and its a lot easier than you may think you just send of the deed documents and get reissued a passport and then thats it, you can apply for anything.

Permabanned
OP
schnipps said:
It costs about £20 online for whatever you want and you get official deed poll certificates and they can be used for passport issue. My gf did the exact same thing and changed her name and its a lot easier than you may think you just send of the deed documents and get reissued a passport and then thats it, you can apply for anything.
But she had to pay the full uber amount for the passport and everything, yeah?

Back
Top Bottom