Cheap Android box for Microsoft Remote Desktop?

Soldato
Hello,

As title I'm after a Android box for Microsoft Remote Desktop, I have a couple of Nvidia Shields and these work fantastically well for this task. However, these also stream and are used for Netflix etc. the new box I require is only needed for Remote Desk top to another PC, connected via wired Ethernet so a Shield would be overkill...

Anyone recommend a cheap box with wired Ethernet and at least two USB's for a keyboard and mouse that is up to the job? (Monitor is 1080p so not even 4k is required).

Cheers

Soldato
I was going to get an Android box but for compatability I went for a Windows 10 PC in the end, its a very small AcePC, Intel CPU, 8gb RAM, space for two SSD's, ethernet, wireless, 3 USB and modded the cooling after watching a youtube video. Cost me little just under £100 2nd hand. Mainly for watching legal football streams and Zoom calls for my Wife/sons Karate/Kickboxing lessons on our main TV.

Associate
Appreciate the thread was titled Android, but maybe a Raspberry Pi might also fit the bill? Pretty cheap and should fit the purpose and offer some good flexibility and support incase you need it for other tasks in the future.

Soldato
OP
I've actually got a Pi somewhere, might give that a go!

Just thought Android would be easy as it's a doddle on the Shield...

Trying to avoid a PC as I've got one in another room I can remote desktop to (I use it as a server.

Cheers both.

Back
Top Bottom