Cheap but silent case

Soldato
I would not say silent at 7v, maybe 5v just extremely quiet at 7v.

For the money they are just about the best going, certainly the best value fans about.

Soldato
Out of the two I would go with the Seasonic, Thermaltakes stuff may be good but its never the best, and having used Seasonics they are extremely quiet, and easily deserving of the silent tag.

You can't do deals on the forums outside the Members Market which you get at 250 posts + 90 days registered, forum rules sorry.

Soldato
If you spam posts you wont get it, asking a UB that question was not a good idea really. ;)

Not really super bargains, just a huge for sale of peoples 'old' kit. Mainly full of last generation hardware people shift when they do the 6 month upgrade.

Not anything major, PSUs rarely come up of this standard, you buy one and it lasts you half a decade, you just get the cheaper ones on there usually. :p

Associate
OP
Sorry Yewen, didnt mean it that way.

Just meant I need to spend time trying to answer questions I know anwers to, not just asking for help! Just need to find some time!

Thanks for all your advice by the way. Im sat here with my current PSU sounding like an air con unit!

Soldato
Just underboss mode taking over. :D

Yeh, you would be surprised how many posts you can get up if your helping people, I have managed 100 in a day before now several times just by helping people.

General Discussion is the spam place of the forum, full of rubbish and the odd gem. :)

And currently nothing in MM that would be of interest to you. :)

Associate
OP
Just one more quick question before i order this seasonic 430, it doesnt have PCI-E power according to a review site.

Is there anything I can do about this? I dont currently have PCI-E but if I upgrade in the near future what can I do?

Soldato
Your card will come with a molex (hdd power connector) to PCI-e adapter. :)

No worries!

(If it does not, give me a bell and I will send you one over, when you finally go PCI-e.)

Soldato
Haribo - have you considered the Arctic Cooling Silentium case? I have 1 for my main rig (see sig) and just built 1 up for a guy with a AMD 3700+ in and its lovely and quiet.

Shame about the 2 styles, but dont be put off by the 'low' spec power supply - seems it'll run everything i can throw at it, overclocked and more!

Despite my usual lack of belief in marketing gumph, this thing actually does do exactly what it says on the tin :)

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/pc_case2.php?idx=4

Soldato
The PSU is non user replaceable, although it is a decent Seasonic PSU it really is a dead end upgrade. Brilliant if you plan on never opening or doing anything else with the PC again in my opinion.

For a case for an enthusiast, its a little on the flimsy side when the sides are off for my liking. :)

Associate
OP
I am quite interested in the Arctic Cooling Silentium case's Yewen, please can you tell me why the PSU's are not replaceable?

Do you know whether the 350W PSU supplied with it is as silent as the 450W one you recomended? Is it a 120mm one the same as the other?

Do you have any preference over the two models? My case is getting upto nearly 4 years old now, and was a budget one when I got it, so this would be a nice upgrade.

Do you know whether there is enough room for my big gigabyte G power CPU cooler in there?

Also will it accomodate my MSI KT880 Delta-FSR mobo?

Sorry for all the questions?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom