Cheap Desk

Soldato
I am looking for a cheap desk, because my sister stole mine when I went to Uni, and now my computer is stuck on the dining table.

I prefer one of those wooden ones, not those metal trolleys...

Ive tried eBay but last second bidders are annoying me now, so any shops etc doing special offers at the moment?

/Edit: Looking to spend no more than £30

Soldato
If you can stretch to £64 you could pick up the magnificent IKEA JERKER. That in itself is darn good value for money.

Otherwise, I guess you could look for some deals at local furniture shops. I don't imagine £30 could buy much when it comes to desks, though :)

Soldato
OP
Going to Cali said:
IKEA ***. Got mine for about £20, it's huge. Did the whole, select the top and buy the four legs thing. Bargain.

Being a poor student, that sounds more like my thing...

Are the items you got, on their website? If so, any chance you can give me links?

/Edit: Its ok, I found them... having 4 simple legs... is that sturdy?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Just buy a big, cheap and stable table. :cool:

I have to confess I'm using a nice sized table I found in my previous place, and it came along with me to the current house. Needless to say, there was no bond on that place. :D

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I have a big corner table, cost me about £50 delivered from an office furniture clearance shop.

room.jpg

Theres loads up and down the country and most examples are pretty good nick. Mine in question had nothing wrong with it.

You could always try Viking Direct for stuff like this. The leather chair I have cost £35 delivered.

Soldato
Another vote for Ikea herre, I got a massive desk, really solid, for £30, I forget the name of it but I'll try and find a link :)

Soldato
Going to Cali said:
IKEA ***. Got mine for about £20, it's huge. Did the whole, select the top and buy the four legs thing. Bargain.

I bet I have the same one or very similar. Vika Amon table top - £13 (for the medium size one). Vika Curry legs - £6.99. Total - £19.99 Bargain! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
wormwood said:
I bet I have the same one or very similar. Vika Amon table top - £13 (for the medium size one). Vika Curry legs - £6.99. Total - £19.99 Bargain! :D

Thats exactely what I looked it when Going to Cali mentioned it :)

Found a really nice one I could have got off eBay but its all the way in Kent and I am in South London - I could have got this for £5 :eek: :

7035sb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom