Cheap sli cooling?

Associate
Im not having any problems with heat yet(maybe differnt in the summer) but im running 2 x 7800GTX on a asus A8n sli premium board and am thinking of fitting something in between the cards in my case to draw some of the heat away from the bottom card, i have been looking at the Akasa System Exhaust Blower(£3.50) amd also the PowerColor Heat Buster(£23.50).

I want to fit it in one of the 2 gaps i have between the cards so either is ok for that, just wondered if anyone is using either of these and had any advice for me?

Soldato
Akasa System Exhaust Blower is rubbish...avoid.
The PowerColor Heat Buster looks a lot better, but the Vantec Spectrum Fan Card is even better value. A pal of mine said it might quite a difference for him.

Associate
OP
Ive been looking around and wondered if id be better getting hold of two of the Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer's which fit on the 7800 GTX, just a couple of questions for anyone already using them, are they hard to fit ? and how much louder than the standard fans are they ? and roughly how many degrees cooler do they run ?

Soldato
Not sure on the installation but most people on here who have replaced coolers on VGS cards seem to have had very few problems. The Artic Cooling jobs will be a lot quieter than the stadard HSF's that is one of the main attractions!

Back
Top Bottom