• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cheapest DP1.4 Graphics Card

Associate
Hi All,

I've recently purchased an Odyssey G9 and it appears that my R9 390 is not really up to the task of running the monitor at full resolution.

Therefore I am after swapping out the card for the cheapest alternative that will allow me to run the screen at full res/120hz in Windows. I'm not concerned with gaming at the moment.

I may end up upgrading to the Nvidia 3000 series once its released but I just need something to get me by for now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Carl

Associate
Hi All,

I've recently purchased an Odyssey G9 and it appears that my R9 390 is not really up to the task of running the monitor at full resolution.

Therefore I am after swapping out the card for the cheapest alternative that will allow me to run the screen at full res/120hz in Windows. I'm not concerned with gaming at the moment.

I may end up upgrading to the Nvidia 3000 series once its released but I just need something to get me by for now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Carl

Maybe a GT 1030, I had one in my media PC, great for watching movies at 4k 60FPS and also for streaming my main gaming PC to the PC for playing games remotely.

I am unsure on how many HZ it will allow, but 4k 60fps no issue at all.

Back
Top Bottom