Cheapo Runaround : Update

Man of Honour
mrk1@1 said:
Not everyone wants a more luxurious ride such as a mondeo dude.

I wasn't getting at that - more the whole car enthusiasm/ownership side of things that I think unites most of us on this forum.

You know, having a pride and joy, anything from a Mondeo to a pristine Mk1 Golf GTi to a Lotus Elise - something you can spend your afternoons polishing and think 'Yup, thats my car. I love it', then take it out, give it a drive, and return with a smile on your face.

Soldato
Phil W said:
It's not a case of wanting to, i have no other choice.

I have started a new job, and although it is comission based and i have started to sell well, its going to take a while for that to come into effect.

I want to pay my parents (mum mainley) what i owe, then get my holidays out of the way and save for something nicer.

Id rather be driving this than a 1.1 Fiesta

Nothing worng with it M8. It was a good buy and a sensible option. Much better than sinking yourself into debt by buying a better car on credit etc. Even if the car is nackerd in a few months you won't have lost much money.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Brum Man said:
Oh come on, it's got to drive better than a Fiat Seicento!

From experience......no. At least I can feel what the Seicento is doing, my mate can't even tell which way the wheels are pointing in his MK3 Astra. Added to the small fact that his car is nearly always broken, and my Fiat hasn't had anything go wrong with it from new......but this is all meaningless.

***edit***

Phil W said:
Id rather be driving this than a 1.1 Fiesta

I agree, as 1.1 Fiestas are hateful cars :)

Soldato
JRS said:
From experience......no. At least I can feel what the Seicento is doing, my mate can't even tell which way the wheels are pointing in his MK3 Astra. Added to the small fact that his car is nearly always broken, and my Fiat hasn't had anything go wrong with it from new......but this is all meaningless.

Was only a joke :( :p

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
I wasn't getting at that - more the whole car enthusiasm/ownership side of things that I think unites most of us on this forum.

You know, having a pride and joy, anything from a Mondeo to a pristine Mk1 Golf GTi to a Lotus Elise - something you can spend your afternoons polishing and think 'Yup, thats my car. I love it', then take it out, give it a drive, and return with a smile on your face.

Yep deffinately true. Doesn't really matter what the car is as long as its not a diy pimp my ride disaster.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
know, having a pride and joy, anything from a Mondeo to a pristine Mk1 Golf GTi to a Lotus Elise - something you can spend your afternoons polishing and think 'Yup, thats my car. I love it', then take it out, give it a drive, and return with a smile on your face.

Well i can polish it, and be pleased at how pristine the paintwork is for its age, but apart from that, i dont return with a smile on my face when i get in from driving it, infact it probably puts me in a bad mood! I can cope with it not lighting the world on fire, but as in previous threads, i loved the way my Saxo handled, and now ive got the QE2.

agw_01, hit a rater large central reservation, car being so low its bent quite a few parts and damaged a bit of the body. Deciding whether to keep ti and repair it, sell it as it is or break it.

Soldato
Phil W said:
agw_01, hit a rater large central reservation, car being so low its bent quite a few parts and damaged a bit of the body. Deciding whether to keep ti and repair it, sell it as it is or break it.

Jeez, that's a gutter mate :( Especially as you'd just had all that work done to it.

Soldato
Personally, I wouldn't bother modding it anymore mate. If you're going to be selling it on, spending £200-300 on modding, lowering springs, backboxes etc., is only going to eat away at your profit.

My g/f struggled to sell her Astra (same age, but with the Isuzu 1.7 TD engine everyone wants) for £400 the other month - she only got £370 in the end.

Back
Top Bottom