Check out the prototype Thermosiphon cooler

Soldato
Linus Tech Tips has a preview video:

In Europe it's going to be distributed by CaseKing who, of course, own OCUK. The cooler in the video looks like it has 80mm or 92mm fans. I'm guessing that to slim the cooler they will need to increase the height and use 120mm fans.

Soldato
Just watched the video for this before seeing this thread.

Very impressive, especially if they can maintain performance while cutting the size down to a third as claimed.

Permabanned
Fans look at least 120mm to me (comparing to other fans in video).

Edit: confirmed 120mm in the link in post #2 above.

Not sure why he used a N14U over a N15/15S as rest of cooler were all massive bar the Noctua.

Last edited:
Soldato
Given the info here, "gravity driven two phase cooling", "cpu heat boils liquid and hot vapor rises"

https://www.icegiantcooling.com/

will it work as well when most PC's are side on?

Yes, that's the clever thing about it. It's been designed in such a way that it works sideways. It's supposedly been designed for performance and to shed a lot of heat, so the fans could be loud (they were on the prototype), and it's really only useful if you're overclocking something high end and need to dissipate the kind of heat that comes from 350+ watts.

Soldato
Very impressive, especially if they can maintain performance while cutting the size down to a third as claimed.
Going to be extremely tight packed fins If they cram in same surface area to third of the size.
Might not do that well with low speed fans.

Permabanned
Yes, that's the clever thing about it. It's been designed in such a way that it works sideways. It's supposedly been designed for performance and to shed a lot of heat, so the fans could be loud (they were on the prototype), and it's really only useful if you're overclocking something high end and need to dissipate the kind of heat that comes from 350+ watts.

If its loud you would wonder why anyone would bother, unless the cooling is supremely good.

Soldato
Going to be extremely tight packed fins If they cram in same surface area to third of the size.
Might not do that well with low speed fans.

Apparently the focus is purely on performance, so I'm guessing the thing will sound like a jet engine even when finished. That's fine given the intended purposes though, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a lower performance but quieter 'consumer' version of the product down the line.

If its loud you would wonder why anyone would bother, unless the cooling is supremely good.

High reliability + high performance cooling for high end workstations and similar, cooling 36 + thread processors while they run at full pelt. Noise is a lesser consideration with a product like this.

Soldato

It is. It's beating massive triple-rad water coolers. It's all in the Linus video where he plays with the prototype. He even mentioned they could do a copper version with more performance and make it quieter. It's all about increasing cooling efficiency in order to deal with 400/500/600 watt output.

Permabanned
It will be smaller if you watch and listen to the review and no doubt if they do not you could swap the fans, it did not sound too loud for deltas.

You mean the Noctua U14S was hotter not cooler but it was not a D15/D15S so I do not even count that result as fair.

Associate
It will be smaller if you watch and listen to the review and no doubt if they do not you could swap the fans, it did not sound too loud for deltas.

You mean the Noctua U14S was hotter not cooler but it was not a D15/D15S so I do not even count that result as fair.

yeah I ment hotter doh - They may well be trying to make it smaller but they haven't yet and that isn't what was shown. When the smaller version is made and compared to other coolers then we can talk about it. The delta fans were not the 4000rpm monsters than you associate with the name delta.

Last edited:
Soldato
Waiting for next Gen of the Product. most likely go 4 chambers and single 140mm heatsink design . slightly thicker . Dual Noctual/Silent wing 140's on it and boom!

one shown above (Proto) and production version

Side%20View%20Prototype%20to%20ProSiphon%20Elite_p.webp

as above this this could be easily cut down for single 140mm fan or dual for push pull and keep the same height but drop 100mm in length

Elite%20View01.webp

chamber design, moving from 2-3 , again easily get 4/5 in there

Back%20view%20proto%20to%20ProSiphon%20Elite.webp

lastly to improve on the fin design which has already been increase one, by using same design on Water rads instead of solely on flat plates above. Need better static fans but surface area increase by 50-10% depending on Fin Per Inch

IMG_1446.JPG

Last edited:
Soldato
orbitalwaish
Maybe I'm missunderstanding what you posted, but I don't think they could 'cut down' finpack housing to fit 140mm fans because it's made for smaller 120mm fans.

Where is that last image from? Could you give us a link?

Back
Top Bottom