Chemical Weapons Factory found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by dirtydog
He didn't use them against us in the last gulf war.. why? Probably because of the deterrent effect.. he knew he would face massive retaliation.

That is why I believe he would never have used them against us.

This time may be different, if he feels he has nothing to lose and is going to die anyway.
Ah! I see now. It's OK for him to have such weapons as long as he doesn't INTEND using them AGAINST US.

I'm with you now.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
Originally posted by Nickg
i hope everything that has transpired so far will shut those anti war protestors up.

can they not see?!

are they blind?

here's hoping for a confirmed report soon.

no no no this wont happen at all of course its us propaganda isn't it, just like everything else :rolleyes:

hopefully the reports are true and the anti war people will vanish overnight!

Soldato
_38904237_nerve_agents_203ap.jpg

VX that Sadam used on the Kurds.

Permabanned
Originally posted by Afterlife
so is this story fake or not yet confirmed?
Unattributted Pentagon sources confirm a story first released by the Jerusalem Post (details above) So with 2 sources we can be reasonabley certain the basic facts are confirmed.

Permabanned
Originally posted by 2blue4u
Ah! I see now. It's OK for him to have such weapons as long as he doesn't INTEND using them AGAINST US.

I'm with you now.

:rolleyes:

I edited my post - or have you read the link before.

Anyway I really didn't intend to reopen this debate ... is that the time ;)

Closed
Permabanned
Originally posted by kibblerok
hopefully the reports are true and the anti war people will vanish overnight!
It won't happen though.

There are many anti-war people who have never denied that he has chemical weapons. Their point is not that he doesn't have them, or that he lied, but that war is not the solution to the problem, or that it could have been solved without a war given more time. I'd don't agree with that, but it is an argument.

Soldato
Ahhh so they have found what apparently isn't there. About time. Hopefully they can find the **** who controlled em & remove him permenantly.

Soldato
i know im meant to be going to bed cos ive got an early start in uni tommorrow but this is big i hope it gets 100% confirmed soon.

Im getting unbelievably angry at anti war protestors who quite simply no nothing :mad:

Permabanned
Scott Ritter:
Media Moniter
He received $400,000 from an Iraqi-American businessman with close ties to Saddam for the purpose of producing a documentary called "In Shifting Sands." The Weekly Standard described it as a film that "would chronicle the weapons-inspection process" and quoted Ritter as saying it would "de-demonize" Iraq.
Ritter was welcomed into Iraq in July 2000 to conduct interviews, and he was praised on the official Iraqi Web site.

500th Post :D

Man of Honour
'CHEMICAL PLANT FOUND'

A huge chemical weapons factory has been found in Iraq, according to Pentagon sources.

The facility was found by advancing US troops in An Najaf, around 100 miles south of Baghdad, the sources say.

The general in charge of the factory was arrested by the 1st Brigade of the Third Infantry division and is being questioned, the sources said.

An unconfirmed report by Fox news said the complex is around 100-acres, adjacent to military barracks and surrounded by an electric fence.

Sky News Foreign Affairs Editor Tim Marshall said if the claims are substantiated they will in part vindicate President Bush and Prime Minister Blair.

They have argued the case for war against Iraq on the grounds that Saddam Hussein had banned weapons of mass destruction, including chemical and biological weapons.

The Iraqi regime has always denied this and UN weapons inspectors sent back into the country at the end of last year failed to find any evidence to suggest otherwise.

More follows...

Last Updated: 01:16 UK, Monday March 24, 2003

Associate
CNN is being more cautious, saying it might just be a site that the US has suspected of being innvolved in chemical weapons etc. Im sure the Pentagon will be keen to provide more info ASAP if it is indeed the smoking gun, but I bet I wont know for sure till I wake up tomorrow or even later.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Sleepy

500th Post :D

2358th post :)

Before the war i only had 1600ish:rolleyes: :rolleyes: to myself:rolleyes:

Anyway, back on topic!

Remember, Ritter is not well respected.

Also, Dr Hans Blix was the same man who said Iraq didnt have Nuclear technology at the time of the last Gulf war, which was later confirmed he was like 1 month away from having a nuclear bomb!

Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by Afterlife
i know im meant to be going to bed cos ive got an early start in uni tommorrow but this is big i hope it gets 100% confirmed soon.

Im getting unbelievably angry at anti war protestors who quite simply no nothing :mad:
If it's true then I'm sure that it will be confirmed quite quickly - but it could take at least another 24 hours. Although I did hear/read somewhere that the US forces had taken this factory some time ago and were 'sitting' on the information.

Permabanned
I honestly don't know what to believe about Scott Ritter. There are two sides to the story and I don't know which is true. Look on google and there's plenty of info about him. I think he first highlighted that the CIA had inflitrated the UN and UNSCOM in Iraq, which led to the weapons inspectors being withdrawn last time. Ritter admitted spying for the CIA in Iraq IIRC. I admit I'm not very up on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom