1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child Support Agency facing axe

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by crashuk, 24 Jul 2006.

1. crashuk

PermaBanned

"The Child Support Agency (CSA) is being axed, while absent parents face being electronically tagged, under plans to be announced by the government. "

"New powers would prevent absent parents from going out after work and allow passports to be confiscated."

wth not able to have a drink after work straight back home after work, i guess this will put of many future fathers.

2. AJUK

Man of Honour

Good, except the tagging of parents.

3. Samtheman1k

Wise Guy

It will still be the CSA, it will just have a new name and a new logo. They ain't going to ditch the IT, the staff and the board. It is just a branding exercise. It will be the same ****, different day.

But then again, i'm feeling a bit pessimistic today!

4. Fop

Gangster

I can understand the Passport thing, but what is the curfew supposed to achieve? Or tagging for that matter?

I'm a bit worried at the removal of rights tbh (and that it's this is all aimed at fathers to some degree – admittedly very few women don't keep their kids, but some don’t [and I remember more than the odd account of the CSA not bothering to pursue them], and I can't help but see such thing as tagging and curfews being used inappropriately as well as for revenge).

Also part of the problem with the CSA was not just that they failed to get money off many, but that they also crucified some that were quite willing to raise their children.

5. kibblerok

Soldato

So not only will their **** ups affect fathers financially, now they will restrict what they can do in their day to day lives also potentially making a horrible situation even worse.

Fabulous. :o