** CHILDREN IN NEED - "JUST GIVING" MAKE YOUR DONATIONS PLEASE - OcUK **

Soldato
If you dont £5, the kids get £5.

This is direct it'll just appear as a lump donation from Overclockers UK and their customers.

Nope, they won't. What about the 5% fee Just Giving put on every transaction?

If you really want to help the Children, encourage other to donate directly.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just Giving take a 5% fee, plus a transaction fee depending on how you donate

Breakdown of the 5% they take:-

Our 5% fee goodness

Charities pay a 5% fee on donations (which we take from the Gift Aid we reclaim) and in return we help them raise more money, more efficiently. By leaving the costly and time-consuming stuff to us, they can spend more time, energy and money on doing good.

Here’s what we’re busy doing for our 5% fee
Running, monitoring 24/7 and constantly improving JustGiving’s technology so it can handle high levels of traffic while meeting the latest security and banking standards.

Constantly creating new fundraising tools and services for charities, at no extra cost.

Taking full responsibility for the Gift Aid we claim on charities’ behalf, being regularly audited by HMRC.

Providing dedicated customer service for charities and their supporters, giving prompt and expert advice.

Giving charities full access to their data, helping them track and analyse their fundraising success.

Providing free training and support to charities (especially the small ones) on how to raise even more online.

Giving you a clean, junk-free experience. We’ll never spam you, sell you anything or pass your personal details on to a third party. Ever.

Here’s how we charge our 5% fee
1.You donate £10 and we send it to your charity that week.
2.We reclaim Gift Aid from the government (which takes a month), adding £2.50 to your donation.
3.We take our 5% fee from the Gift Aid, with credit/debit card/PayPal charges, and send all the rest to the charity. So for every £10 you give, the charity gets over £12, and they get it faster.

Your donation - £10
Gift Aid - £2.50

Our 5% fee - £0.63
Credit card fee @ 1.30% - £0.13
Total cost to charity - £0.76

Total donation - £11.74

MasterCard debit card (16p),
PayPal (1.45%),
Visa debit (17p).

If your donation isn’t eligible for Gift Aid, we take our 5% fee from your donation. Because over 85% of donations through JustGiving are eligible for Gift Aid, charities always end up raising more with us.

Charities also pay a monthly subscription fee of £15 + VAT for our service. http://www.justgiving.com/charities/

Soldato
Breakdown of the 5% they take:-

Our 5% fee goodness

Charities pay a 5% fee on donations (which we take from the Gift Aid we reclaim) and in return we help them raise more money, more efficiently. By leaving the costly and time-consuming stuff to us, they can spend more time, energy and money on doing good.

Here’s what we’re busy doing for our 5% fee
Running, monitoring 24/7 and constantly improving JustGiving’s technology so it can handle high levels of traffic while meeting the latest security and banking standards.

Constantly creating new fundraising tools and services for charities, at no extra cost.

Taking full responsibility for the Gift Aid we claim on charities’ behalf, being regularly audited by HMRC.

Providing dedicated customer service for charities and their supporters, giving prompt and expert advice.

Giving charities full access to their data, helping them track and analyse their fundraising success.

Providing free training and support to charities (especially the small ones) on how to raise even more online.

Giving you a clean, junk-free experience. We’ll never spam you, sell you anything or pass your personal details on to a third party. Ever.

Here’s how we charge our 5% fee
1.You donate £10 and we send it to your charity that week.
2.We reclaim Gift Aid from the government (which takes a month), adding £2.50 to your donation.
3.We take our 5% fee from the Gift Aid, with credit/debit card/PayPal charges, and send all the rest to the charity. So for every £10 you give, the charity gets over £12, and they get it faster.

Your donation - £10
Gift Aid - £2.50

Our 5% fee - £0.63
Credit card fee @ 1.30% - £0.13
Total cost to charity - £0.76

Total donation - £11.74

MasterCard debit card (16p),
PayPal (1.45%),
Visa debit (17p).

If your donation isn’t eligible for Gift Aid, we take our 5% fee from your donation. Because over 85% of donations through JustGiving are eligible for Gift Aid, charities always end up raising more with us.

Charities also pay a monthly subscription fee of £15 + VAT for our service. http://www.justgiving.com/charities/

Your point?

Alternatively donate at http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/donate/ where there is NO FEE (other than any levied by your card supplier).

Soldato
Come on guys, Jesus Christ.

Stop picking holes in the logic and just get your wallets out.

As said in my post above, I could see this happening a mile off.

Soldato
I have, and donated directly like any sensible person should.

Fair enough but surely donating via a community you are an active member in, is just as sensible. OK, your donation is minus 5% but come on. JustGiving is an amazing site used by a number of friends of mine who have personally raised thousands. Without the site, I have no doubt they wouldn't have hit as many people through the net, reducing the amount they would have raised.

Be it for charity, sites like this cost to run.

Seriously, where is the problem in that?

Associate
Just Giving is a fantastic site. And those who claim they steal all of your moneys is quite frankly bull...

The autistic summer school the missus volunteers with simply wouldn't exist without Just Giving.

Like they say, they claim the 5% from the gift aid, so they only get a few pence, and not even from your actual donation..

Also one more thing....

MARK PROUDFOOT! WHY DID YOU NOT CLICK GIFT AID! :O

Soldato
Fair enough but surely donating via a community you are an active member in, is just as sensible. OK, your donation is minus 5% but come on. JustGiving is an amazing site used by a number of friends of mine who have personally raised thousands. Without the site, I have no doubt they wouldn't have hit as many people through the net, reducing the amount they would have raised.

Be it for charity, sites like this cost to run.

Seriously, where is the problem in that?

I agree with all of that, but if there is an options where I can get more money to the charity, I will take it.

Soldato
Fair enough but surely donating via a community you are an active member in, is just as sensible. OK, your donation is minus 5% but come on
There are two choices:

a) Donate to Children in Need via Just Giving, sans 5%.
b) Donate to Children in Need directly.

Only one option has less money going to administration, and both options have Just Giving still in existence to serve and facilitate sourcing donations for smaller projects, like it was intended. Donating to Children In Need via Just Giving adds another unnecessary and costly layer of administration. It doesn't make sense...

Just Giving is a fantastic site. And those who claim they steal all of your moneys is quite frankly bull...
No one has.

Associate
Happy to donate something as I normally do each year.

Although it saddens me to see people so pedantic as to pick flaws in a charity campaign. How cynical and bitter you must be inside. Real hearos! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom