** CHILDREN IN NEED - "JUST GIVING" MAKE YOUR DONATIONS PLEASE - OcUK **

Soldato
Happy to donate something as I normally do each year.

Although it saddens me to see people so pedantic as to pick flaws in a charity campaign. How cynical and bitter you must be inside. Real hearos! :rolleyes:
Just looking out for the charitable cause, and making sure the most money goes to the right people.

Associate
For children in need I will be baking two big cakes, 24 cupcakes and many biscuits and cookies for a bake sale! So definitely doing my bit!

Permabanned
It saddens me that OcUK have hijacked a charity for some free PR and the acquiescent just go along with it. If they'd promised to match members donations (even increased it by a small ratio) or earned the donation by doing something funny then I wouldn't be saying anything. Sadly this is just lazy and cheap PR that will reduce possible donations by 5%.

So yes, it saddens me too.

Soldato
It saddens me that OcUK have hijacked a charity for some free PR and the acquiescent just go along with it. If they'd promised to match members donations (even increased it by a small ratio) or earned the donation by doing something funny then I wouldn't be saying anything. Sadly this is just lazy and cheap PR that will reduce possible donations by 5%.

So yes, it saddens me too.

Got to agree with this. To me it just seems like a shameless PR exercise. It annoys me further when I think I did a gruelling charity bike ride in awful weather last month (half destroying my bike in the process) and not a single person I know sponsored me, despite me practically begging, yet on the asking of strangers on a forum people part with cash for essentially nothing.

OcUK should be holding auctions or raffles for PC stuff via the forum and shop or auctioning off temporary access to the Don's room or other secret parts of the forum.

Soldato
At which point it stops being charity....

Of course it doesn't. Providing something for free and all proceeds from a raffle/auction for it given to charity, or, something that money can't buy raffled/auctioned and the proceeds given to charity.

To me it seems all that OcUK are trying to do is raise awareness of OcUK in my opinion. :/

Soldato
I heard Spie will be giving away his Ferrari to one random person who has donated via the link.

Note.
This statement is completely untrue, Spie will not be giving away his Ferrari to anyone.

Soldato
I won't be supporting Children In Need, not because of the campaign here but because I lived in Africa and saw first hand how the money was spent.

I choose to support Médecins Sans Frontières for personal reasons. In 3 years in Africa they were the only charity I saw that really lived and delivered the values that they promoted.

Of course, no harm in supporting any other cause you feel is right. Whatever works for you.

Soldato
I don't think that OcUK are doing it for promotional reasons, I think that they are just trying to popularise the cause. If one person donates who wouldn't otherwise because they saw it on here then it's a success.

Permabanned
I don't think that OcUK are doing it for promotional reasons, I think that they are just trying to popularise the cause. If one person donates who wouldn't otherwise because they saw it on here then it's a success.

I would be amazed if may people had not heard of Children in Need.

Back
Top Bottom