** CHILDREN IN NEED - "JUST GIVING" MAKE YOUR DONATIONS PLEASE - OcUK **

Soldato
Some of the responses here are just cringeworthy.

I dont see how anyone could call this a marketing exercise.

To critisize OCUK's motive, in such circumstanses, just disgusts me. I think its worth mentioning, that Spie has indeed made a donation, as well as a number of staff at OCUK. They arent just sitting back and letting the forum fill the coffers.

your-high-horse.jpg

Soldato
Breakdown of the 5% they take:-

Our 5% fee goodness

Charities pay a 5% fee on donations (which we take from the Gift Aid we reclaim) and in return we help them raise more money, more efficiently. By leaving the costly and time-consuming stuff to us, they can spend more time, energy and money on doing good.

Here’s what we’re busy doing for our 5% fee
Running, monitoring 24/7 and constantly improving JustGiving’s technology so it can handle high levels of traffic while meeting the latest security and banking standards.

Constantly creating new fundraising tools and services for charities, at no extra cost.

Taking full responsibility for the Gift Aid we claim on charities’ behalf, being regularly audited by HMRC.

Providing dedicated customer service for charities and their supporters, giving prompt and expert advice.

Giving charities full access to their data, helping them track and analyse their fundraising success.

Providing free training and support to charities (especially the small ones) on how to raise even more online.

Giving you a clean, junk-free experience. We’ll never spam you, sell you anything or pass your personal details on to a third party. Ever.

Here’s how we charge our 5% fee
1.You donate £10 and we send it to your charity that week.
2.We reclaim Gift Aid from the government (which takes a month), adding £2.50 to your donation.
3.We take our 5% fee from the Gift Aid, with credit/debit card/PayPal charges, and send all the rest to the charity. So for every £10 you give, the charity gets over £12, and they get it faster.

Your donation - £10
Gift Aid - £2.50

Our 5% fee - £0.63
Credit card fee @ 1.30% - £0.13
Total cost to charity - £0.76

Total donation - £11.74

MasterCard debit card (16p),
PayPal (1.45%),
Visa debit (17p).

If your donation isn’t eligible for Gift Aid, we take our 5% fee from your donation. Because over 85% of donations through JustGiving are eligible for Gift Aid, charities always end up raising more with us.

Charities also pay a monthly subscription fee of £15 + VAT for our service. http://www.justgiving.com/charities/

Thanks for the breakdown - really helped us see who the money's going to. If we aren't eligible for gift aid, then would CIN get more money if we donate through the BBC?

one thing that worries me though:
Gibbo said:
We’ll never sell you anything
I want you to sell me stuff:D

I really don't think we can bitch about what OcUK is doing :rolleyes:

even if it is a PR stunt (i'm not saying it is - i saw how many people have been banned :p), who actually cares? There's still a positive contribution being made. If OcUK get better PR, then good for them - they still helped and Spie is currently the biggest donater out of us that I can see.

Soldato
I heard Spie will be giving away his Ferrari to one random person who has donated via the link.

Note.
This statement is completely untrue, Spie will not be giving away his Ferrari to anyone.

:D

Maybe they could put all the people who donate into a draw to win an OCUK mug or something.

Soldato
If we aren't eligible for gift aid, then would CIN get more money if we donate through the BBC?

As I understand it, CIN will get more from you donating directly regardless of whether you are eligible for gift aid or not.

Gift Aid isn't a JustGiving thing.

Godfather
Godfather
Listen up OcUK. We are still well short of our target.

I don't care whether it's £1 or £100, please try and give what you can afford. This is for UK kids who have lives far worse than ours.

We can make a difference. Let's do it :)

Back
Top Bottom