1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chinese Man Dies After 3 Days of Online Gaming..

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Wingz, 19 Sep 2007.

1. Wingz

Mobster

The longest I played online was 13hrs on Phantasy Star.

2. Dyson

Soldato

I like a bit of online gaming, but jesus...

More to life than my pc.

3. Legless

Hitman

Tell that to the millions of WoW fans... :D

4. Dyson

Soldato

I know, dont get it myself, and im a gamer. Love to play whilst on ts, more for a laugh than any thing serious for me.

5. Sinny

Sgarrista

Even 3 days is a bit much, i could do 16 hours on a saturday then sunday and weekdays would be 1-2 hours. that was when i was 16 few years back though.

6. Legless

Hitman

Have to admit, spent many an hour online playing games, but there is NO WAY i could stay awake for 3 days playing a game... Damn thats hardcore... :(

Most i spent i one session was prolly 36 hours in one go on the 1st Dungeon Siege game, was well knackered afterwards, eyes were stinging like mad, really need to get a TFT screen... :)

7. Dyson

Soldato

Got to give it to them. I do about 15-20 hours a week, and I thought I was quite bad!

Last edited: 19 Sep 2007
  8. PinkFloyd

Capodecina

I've managed to stay awake at a 3 day LAN with only a short 3-4 hours sleep. That was with huge amounts of caffeine and sugar.
    Didn't even spend most of the time gaming either :p

3 days non stop is insane....

9. Paracelsus

Hitman

There must be more to it.

Staying awake for 3 days doesn't kill you.

Perhaps he was using stimulants and had a heart attack.

10. .:MBK:.

Mobster

indeed, 3 days does take some effort, but its not lethal, atleast not in its own right

think longest online stint i had was 14hrs, and that was a one off

11. BobBrainy

Gangster

yeah I think I've done a few 12hours before but not much more tbh. Haven't done that in a while though not since WoW.

12. Last Kronin

Mobster

Isnt that an old story?

13. Overslop

Mobster

It's not an old story but there have been around 100 or so cases (AFAIK) of people in China playing for days and then dying...

14. CmdNeo

Gangster

I know what you mean, back in the day when Planetside was reasonably new when it was still a very popular game, We (my clan/outfit Xen of Onslaught) would do regular outfit assaults on Emerald (VS all the way) at 8pm EST untill like 2am EST, however being in the UK that would make it like 1am GMT to 7am GMT or whatever it was, This used to be a real killer but many a time i have done this and it was alot of fun.

Ive also done it a good few times raiding in WoW, play on the US servers still with the same clan but ive pretty much stopped playing WoW as it is, waiting for Huxley and Crysis, going to be getting into them both as an organized unit and can't friggin wait. Not so much for a 3 day binge though... extreme is an understatement

15. eekfek

Soldato

1 less gold farmer

16. Lord_Kokain

Hitman

Thats what Im thinking as well! To stay 30 hours in a row is at first place hardly possible just for the love of gaming. I have had cases when I am just about to start playing a game that I am really looking forward to only to stop it if I have to go to bed. Surely the newly created thirst to play it will keep me a few hours longer(thus going to bed way past 12pm) but there is a limit after which tiredness prevails.

In addition to that, with or without being a "gold farmer", Chinese players are normally not like us to be with drinks and/or food as reserve around the desk(read that the gold farmers get paid something like 12 cents/hour), in case they need them if they dont feel like stopping to eat, so Im guessing that this could have also played some role.

17. Wyrdo

Capodecina

Made me chuckle :p

I love the way the games get the blame rather than the morons themselves who appear to have no self control.

18. marscay

Mobster

just like the idiots running america trying to blame videogames for violence instead of looking at the real issues.

seems like not a month goes by some asian dies from hardcore gaming, props for passion i guess.

19. nikebee

Capodecina

Thats what I was thinking?
    I remember reading almost the exact same article a year (or longer) ago!?

Source please :) :p

20. z0mbi3

Soldato

Article is too vague. People don't die from fainting or staying up for three days.