1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chip and Pin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Walliam, 10 Mar 2006.

1. Walliam

Associate

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can still sign for goods at 'where in the world'?

My pin hasn't come through and I need something now!

Thanks

2. Treefrog

PermaBanned

You can try. Since 14/02 it's at the shops discretion though, and they'll usually say "No" because any transaction made without using Chip and Pin which turns out to be fraudulent then becomes the problem of the retailer and not the bank.

3. Overlag

Capodecina

if you havnt recieved a pin then the card should automaticaly go through to signing..... my barclaycard credit card does... :)

4. Sic

Capodecina

some places didnt go chip and pin. these places annoy me. Jet garages are one

5. pyro

Capodecina

Chip and pin is ****s, they have to get a system with two numbers, a shoping number and an atm transaction number.

6. Walliam

Associate

Hi mate,

Strangely I am talking about my Barclaycard credit card! I tried to buy a PSP from Gamestation today and it wouldn't go through unless I entered my PIN, which I don't have! I'm such an impatiant idiot and want a PSP tonight from 'where in the world'!!!

Anyone actually done it there?

7. Walliam

Associate

The one in Crawley does! I used it there last night infact!!!

8. escape sanity

Hitman

If I heard what some guy on TV said correctly, they already have the potential to do that but it has not been activated yet.

To answer the OP, I don't think you need your pin to shop online?

9. Walliam

Associate

I'm talking about in-store dude. :D

10. PeterNem

Sgarrista

The woman in front of me in Tesco earlier on today said she couldn't remember her pin and it let her sign.

I was under the impression it was down to whether or not that partciular shop will let you do that rather than the card issuer, as if they let you sign it shifts the responsibility for checking your credentials onto the shop.