Chop your breakfast on a mirror

Man of Honour
I didn't realise the whole song was drug orientated until someone kindly pointed it out. I said the exactly the same question as the OP, whoops!

All noobs at least once....

Man of Honour
sinister_stu said:
Haha!!

He is undeniably a good guitarist....

but you're right, "modern musical genius"? I don't think so.
He absolutely is a musical genius, have a proper listen to some of his work and think again. So much of what he does it outside the box, he pushes guitar playing and general musical composition to new levels..

Permabanned
riddlermarc said:
He absolutely is a musical genius, have a proper listen to some of his work and think again. So much of what he does it outside the box, he pushes guitar playing and general musical composition to new levels..

He goes *widdlywiddlywiddly* at the blunt end of the neck.

*n

Soldato
penski said:
It's Metallica; you don't expect lyrical mastery or finesse from a band whose only redeemable song starts with the refrain 'Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire, whoo, yeah.' do you?

*n

fuel sucks

fade to black > *

Associate
riddlermarc said:

In what way does he push "general musical composition" to new levels? As far as I've heard he does indeed go "widdlywiddlywiddly" quite a lot, followed by some interesting harmonics generally culminating in some more "widdlywiddlywiddly". I do enjoy listening to his music though.

I realise that I have generalised the structure of his songs and that there will be exceptions to this.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
riddlermarc said:

playing at 900mph does not a good guitarist make. he has some interesting melodies, and can stretch like nothing i've ever seen before...but he's not a genius - exceptional guitarist at best.

Soldato
i see vai more of an accomplished guitar virtuoso, he hails from the era of shred so of course he is gonna play fast.

listen to some of his 7th songs, the ballads.

Soldato
OP
Here are some bands of excellence, if you do not like at least one of them you are not a real person:

Arch Enemy
Ash
Avenged Sevenfold
Bullet For My Valentine
Children Of Bodom
Cradle Of Filth
The Darkness
Dragon Force
Foo Fighters
Freedom Call
Iron Maiden
Jack Off Jill
Jet
Lostprophets
Metallica
Muse
Nine Inch Nails
Rhapsody
Snow Patrol
System Of A Down
Trivium
The White Stripes
The Zutons

Soldato
monkeypants said:
It starts "Fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire"

The chorus starts with "So" - consider yourself schooled.

Metallica are ace...

Trivium cover is better though

no it doesnt, Penski was right.

"Gimme Fuel, Gimme Fire, Gimme that which i desire"

the chorus also starts with "so Gimme" :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
james.miller said:
no it doesnt, Penski was right.

"Gimme Fuel, Gimme Fire, Gimme that which i desire"

the chorus also starts with "so Gimme" :p
Penski smells of eggs. Go listen to it. The first word of the song is not "Gimme"

Hate said:
aaaaaaaaahhahahahaahahahahahhaaahhahahhaha, yea right
Listen to City of Evil.. I fail to see how you can not like it. Cradle of Filth are just something I like... I don't dress in black, nor do I have white skin/make-up.

Associate
monkeypants said:
Penski smells of eggs. Go listen to it. The first word of the song is not "Gimme"

Listen to City of Evil.. I fail to see how you can not like it. Cradle of Filth are just something I like... I don't dress in black, nor do I have white skin/make-up.

i cant see how listening to there worst album will improve anybodys opinion of them in anybody's eyes

and hate - of all the bands to make fun of from the list you choose cradle of filth and avenged sevenfold, fair enough, leaving out such amazing bands as

the darkness
system of a down
jet

Back
Top Bottom