Chop your breakfast on a mirror

Man of Honour
penski said:
He goes *widdlywiddlywiddly* at the blunt end of the neck.

*n
sinister_stu said:
In what way does he push "general musical composition" to new levels? As far as I've heard he does indeed go "widdlywiddlywiddly" quite a lot, followed by some interesting harmonics generally culminating in some more "widdlywiddlywiddly". I do enjoy listening to his music though.

I realise that I have generalised the structure of his songs and that there will be exceptions to this.
Sic said:
playing at 900mph does not a good guitarist make. he has some interesting melodies, and can stretch like nothing i've ever seen before...but he's not a genius - exceptional guitarist at best.
Oh dear, that's exactly why you don't see it - you can't see past the fact that he has the ability to play really fast. Did anybody ever say that Beethoven was crap because his piano concert #4 was played "widdlywiddlywiddly" on the piano? Michael Schumacher isn't a crap driver just because he has the ability to drive a car better than 99.9% of people.

Take a listen to Vai's "Bangkok" and "Fire Garden Suite" from "Fire Garden", an incredible piece of composing and one that still makes me stop what I'm doing every time I hear it.

Associate
riddlermarc said:
Take a listen to Vai's "Bangkok" and "Fire Garden Suite" from "Fire Garden", an incredible piece of composing and one that still makes me stop what I'm doing every time I hear it.

Umm...hate to tell you this, but 'Bangkok' wasn't written by Vai. That's why it's a seperate song from the Fire Garden Suite, due to copyright issues. Sorry to have destroyed part of your arguement there, mate. :)

Man of Honour
tTz said:
Umm...hate to tell you this, but 'Bangkok' wasn't written by Vai. That's why it's a seperate song from the Fire Garden Suite, due to copyright issues. Sorry to have destroyed part of your arguement there, mate. :)
Aye, I know that.. that's why I said "an incredible piece of composing", referring to the latter of the two. IIRC Vai dreamed about a piece of music, when he woke he recorded it and one of his friends said "erm, you do realise that's an Andrew Lloyd Webber piece"?! I think I still have the guitar mag somewhere that has the interview..

Soldato
monkeypants said:
Ash
Bullet For My Valentine
Cradle Of Filth
The Darkness
Trivium

was gonna try and write a serious reply, even with penski's responses but ive kinda got used to them ;), but with those as "ace bands" i dont think i could stop laughing!

riddlermarc said:
Aye, I know that.. that's why I said "an incredible piece of composing", referring to the latter of the two. IIRC Vai dreamed about a piece of music, when he woke he recorded it and one of his friends said "erm, you do realise that's an Andrew Lloyd Webber piece"?! I think I still have the guitar mag somewhere that has the interview..

i quite often do this, but when i wake and record it always seems to be raining blood by slayer :(

Man of Honour
SidewinderINC said:
i quite often do this, but when i wake and record it always seems to be raining blood by slayer :(
New%20Yellow%20Pages%20front%20cover.jpg

I believe Psychiatrist begins with a P. :p

Permabanned
monkeypants said:
Here are some bands of excellence, if you do not like at least one of them you are not a real person:

Arch Enemy gash
Ash gash
Avenged Sevenfold gash
Bullet For My Valentine gash
Children Of Bodom
Cradle Of Filth gash
The Darkness gash
Dragon Force gash
Foo Fighters gash
Freedom Call gash
Iron Maiden gash
Jack Off Jill gash
Jet gash
Lostprophets gash
Metallica gash
Muse gash
Nine Inch Nails
Rhapsody gash
Snow Patrol gash
System Of A Down gash
Trivium gash
The White Stripes
The Zutons gash

m3csl2004 said:
such amazing bands as

the darkness
system of a down
jet

I so hope that's sarcasm...

dmpoole said:
It breaks my heart to say that Penski is correct (for once)

Love you too, schnookums.

(And I always am)

*n

Permabanned
William said:
Bah Zutons are alright, I have met the singer and the saxaphone woman and they are cool. :)

gash

[Edit: I'm going to keep that so I can ctrl+v and save time replying to threads in this forum...]

*n

Man of Honour
m3csl2004 said:
of course it was sarcasm

how the hell can anybody like the darkness? :confused:

I do - got a problem with it?
They've managed to rip every major pop rock act of the last 30 years including T.Rex, Slade, Status Quo, Sparks, AC/DC etc (and Justin wore a jumpsuit once so numpties say they look like Queen) and they do it quite well.
I saw them way before their first single and thought they were heading up the ladder then.
Their first album was absolute rock/pop and their 2nd album wasn't too bad either and I couldn't give a stuff about their image.
And lets not forget that they opened up new doors to people who would never usually listen to rock.
Rant over, now back to The Haunted or Devildriver.

Permabanned
monkeypants said:
How can you not like Trivium?
gash (man, that's useful)

Do you even know who Freedom Call are? Or even Rhapsody?

The Freedom Cell I'm thinking of were a bunch of proto-metallers in the vein of Pulkas from Sarf Larndarn about ten years ago. Rhapsody - the Italian perm-metal band?

*n

Back
Top Bottom