Chop your breakfast on a mirror

Soldato
thats pretty good :)

when i went to see my ex's dads band play they played that as a final track and it had a ridiculously fast solo in it. i'll give her a bell see if i can get a copy of it :)

EDIT -

got in touch with him, he says he's never recorded it because he cant play it very well and you can always hear how terrible it sounds when its recorded but live its cover-up-able

Last edited:
Permabanned
riddlermarc said:
.. were they around before RATM? ;) Sorry, just another average rap-rock band. I'd never heard of them before, so just fired up their website and actually laughed out loud when I listened to some of their stuff.. you have the cheek to question other people's taste?!

Congratulations, you're a plebian.

They were around from late '93 (I remember catching their demos on a tape swap...remember those? ;)) until early '98 if I recall correctly.

Benji Webbe (yes, the only cool person called Benji) has a stunning voice. Yes, they did a bit of ragga-metal but if you check their more chilled, dub-infused stuff, you'd realise how great they were. As noted above, the acoustic of Cry Dignity is sublime...and easily available.

*n (even has a couple of Million Dollar Love promotional dollar bills...)

Man of Honour
penski said:
Congratulations, you're a plebian.

They were around from late '93 (I remember catching their demos on a tape swap...remember those? ;)) until early '98 if I recall correctly.

Benji Webbe (yes, the only cool person called Benji) has a stunning voice. Yes, they did a bit of ragga-metal but if you check their more chilled, dub-infused stuff, you'd realise how great they were. As noted above, the acoustic of Cry Dignity is sublime...and easily available.
"plebeian"..

I disagree, his voice is distinctly average and nothing I haven't heard a thousand times on MTV(2)/Kerrang channel..

Oh yes, I do remember swaps and bootleg copies - I got a pre-release copy of Metallica's Kill Em All on tape copy straight from the US back in '82, before you were even born and was brought up by my Dad playing Sabbath/Purple and Hendrix 24/7 - that's classic rock/metal to you ;)

Permabanned
riddlermarc said:
I disagree, his voice is distinctly average and nothing I haven't heard a thousand times on MTV(2)/Kerrang channel..
Grab the strings version of Silencer if you can. Certainly well above average.

Oh yes, I do remember swaps and bootleg copies - I got a pre-release copy of Metallica's Kill Em All on tape copy straight from the US back in '82, before you were even born and was brought up by my Dad playing Sabbath/Purple and Hendrix 24/7 - that's classic rock/metal to you ;)

Well none of them are metal and I don't like 'classic rock' so your comment doesn't really mean anything.

I was brought up on Jazz, blues and mid-late eighties Earache bands. My first gig was Napalm Death and Carcass at the age of about 7. You can keep your classic rock, ta.

*n

Permabanned
monkeypants said:
No, we're talking about YOUR MOTHER now. :p

My mum listens to Dido, Dire Straits, The Beautiful South and THAT'S IT.

Luckily, I got most of my musical influences from my grandma, my dad and my uncle.

*n

Man of Honour
penski said:
Well none of them are metal and I don't like 'classic rock' so your comment doesn't really mean anything.
.. as in Black Sabbath, possibly the fathers of heavy metal?

My first gig was the british metal band Onslaught, supported by the never-seen-again Crumbsuckers at the Astoria.. top gig and my first exposure to stage-diving :D

Soldato
riddlermarc said:

My first gig was the british metal band Onslaught, supported by the never-seen-again Crumbsuckers at the Astoria.. top gig and my first exposure to stage-diving :D

Don't get penski started on Sabbath :p

Permabanned
riddlermarc said:
I can honestly say that Sabbath were about as 'heavy' as The Stereophonics.

Hahaha! Tangent: I only ever saw Lawnmower Deth once but they played a set that was almost entirely Onslaught covers with comedy vocals.

BTW - listening to Carcass - Keep On Rotting In The Free World. Quite apt as despite the brummiegorecore vocals, the music is about as 'classic metal' as you can get. Absolutely AWESOME solo though. Great track.

*n

Back
Top Bottom