1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Citrix Help needed!

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by The_KiD, 8 May 2006.

  1. The_KiD

    PermaBanned

    Joined: 19 Apr 2006

    Posts: 2,342

    Location: West Yorkshire

    We have 3 citrix servers all load balanced and have been working fine for the last 3 years.

    However today the load balancing seemed to go crazy, 50 on one server, 30 on another and none on one of the servers.

    When I checked the Load balancer on the server (CPU utilization) it said that the server with no one on was using 100% CPU, even though Task Manger said that CPU usage was 0%.

    I changed the load evaluator to monitor memory instead, and instantly the same server was reporting 100% memory using, again Task Manager showed a different story.

    I got round it by using the "user load" evaluator and the server is now happily allowing connections again.

    any of you Citrix bods know why this is happening?
     
  2. The_KiD

    PermaBanned

    Joined: 19 Apr 2006

    Posts: 2,342

    Location: West Yorkshire

    Really need some help on this guys, if anyone has any experience of Citrix please help a sysadmin in need.

    One of our 3 citrix servers is refusing to load balance with the other 2.

    in the Load Manager monitor it is showing 100% CPU usage, even though in the task manager on the server it shows normal CPU usage 10 - 20%.

    Anyone know why this is? seen this before?

    I switched it's load evaluator to using Server user Load instead and that seemed to work for a short while.

    However once again it just stopped letting people on, this time it's load manager monitor was reporting 0% (as there were no users on it), but it is just not balancing them out.

    There is nothinng unusual in the event viewer, the only thing I can see is on the primary citrix server is the following error.

    i am sure we have had this error for a while and it hasnt caused issues before.
     
  3. Otacon

    Capodecina

    Joined: 10 Jan 2004

    Posts: 21,923

    Location: All over

    Couple of suggested fixes here for that error, but I'm unsure if its related to your Citrix problem. Could be though, given the subject matter.
     
  4. The_KiD

    PermaBanned

    Joined: 19 Apr 2006

    Posts: 2,342

    Location: West Yorkshire

    Just an update on this.

    We are still having the problem, but have cleared the error from the event logs thanks to a hotfix from MS, however it did not resolve our Citrix problem.

    We have also tried removing the server from the farm and re-adding it, with no joy.

    Here is a screenshot of the problem:

    [​IMG]

    As you can the load manager monitor is reporting 100% CPU usage, the "qfarm /load" command is showing full load, but Task Manager shows little/no CPU usage.
     
  5. Sp00n

    Capodecina

    Joined: 18 Oct 2002

    Posts: 18,143

    Location: Brighton

    We've had a similar issue lately, the server refuses logon's, both citrix and windows and seems to be running 100% from the load manager but when i ran remote task manager, the actual cpu usage on the box is 0%.

    We've been racking our brains about this for a week now and still haven't come up with anything :(
     
  6. The_KiD

    PermaBanned

    Joined: 19 Apr 2006

    Posts: 2,342

    Location: West Yorkshire

    Have just agreed with a company for a 1 off support call and hopefully they will find a way to fix it, if they do I will make sure I post the resolution here.
     
  7. The_KiD

    PermaBanned

    Joined: 19 Apr 2006

    Posts: 2,342

    Location: West Yorkshire

    YEYEYEYEYEYEYEY w000ty w000ty w000t w000t.

    Thank you whoever recomended Centralis.co.uk

    I visited their site, noticed they were doing a special offer for 1 free support call, registered, made my free support call at about 4:45 and and at 5:45 they had the problem fixed!!!!

    WINNER!!!!!

    We solved the problem by checking the performance monitor dll's and found the PerfOS was not enabled.

    We enabled it and re-published the desktop on the offending server and all is now well and good.

    Thanks again guys!