Civilization V

Soldato
Really want to try and get into this, had it ages but dont really know how to start!

Without trying to be funny, start with the tutorial, its actually really well done and should get you up and running.

Also, if you happen to have the DLC it may be worth turning it all off for the first couple of play thorough, as although the DLC is great the game will be simpler without it. Not really sure about this as the DLC didn't exist when I first played it, but I'm thinking it will help.

Soldato
Welcome to any Civ game ever, I had exactly the same reaction when Civ III came out!

Haha its mental, time literally flew by ! Gonna have a do on the single player later , too many options to pick from though when starting a game , want to go with Rome but unsure on all the map etc ! Also I got the complete edition, is all the dlc just built in ? Not sure which version I'm playing

Soldato
Civ is a time vampire, you need to keep an eye on it :)

^^^^^ This very true, you can never say "Hey I will have quick game of Civ5"
5 hours later slumped at your desk "Its 3am I need to sleep I have work tomorrow" then your think? "Just this one more turn and am done!"
Then someone declares war on you. :eek: "Right that's it I will get you" and before you know it the birds are tweeting and you have to be in work in the next 2 hours. :p

Go to love the CIV games! :D

Associate
Is there a proper cancel move button? I often make a move to the wrong location because I thought I was controlling another unit. The only way I've been to cancel a move is pressing escape and having to click on another unit.

Also, is there a quick switch button like the typical Tab for other Turn-based strategy games?

Associate
I know there's actually no story driving the game but for some reason I just find it so immersive and thought provoking. I never thought a strategy game could test my patience, ego and ethics!

Back
Top Bottom