Civilization V

Permabanned
Loving the sound of the new combat system, from the look of that screenshot above the archers are firing over a while hex to hit the enemy. Should be fun late game just shelling the enemy from range with modern artillery and cruise missiles.

its not new, they dropped ranged units in 4.

its more a comeback, than new.

again, I want to see more than this from them tbh. i'm afraid to say I feel civ has had its day as far as im concerned. :(

Soldato
Brilliant!!

They must have seen my thread on here last week about lack of news and felt guilty! haha. Your lucky if games last over a week these days but Civ games last for life.

Associate
I am really looking forward to this. Love Civ4 but have been itching for a decent new civ type game to make use of my decent pc but still have quality gameplay. Unfortunately I did not like empire Total war so will be passing on Napolean.

Associate
Wow, didn't see that coming! Lost many an hour on Civ throughout the years so really looking forward to this. First PC game in a while that I've been truly excited for.

Permabanned
I thought you had to be in adjacent squares to do ranged attacks in 4?

You do have to be in adjacent square to attack another unit, other than that there is no unit that stays in its place while attacking a target in another square without moving. Ie range attack.

Not counting missiles. Cats and trebs cannon etc enter up to the next square or target.

Don't confuse bombard for battleships being able to destroy land tiles etc!

Soldato
You do have to be in adjacent square to attack another unit, other than that there is no unit that stays in its place while attacking a target in another square without moving. Ie range attack.

Not counting missiles. Cats and trebs cannon etc enter up to the next square or target.

Don't confuse bombard for battleships being able to destroy land tiles etc!

Bit confoozed now.

Aside from missiles in Civ 4. I dont know of any other unit which lets say, is 3 tiles away from an enemy (e.g. lets say Archer Vs Warrior) and the archer can do a ranged attack 3 tiles away?
(Not saying an archer has ranged attack or can fire 3 tiles away but just giving an example).

Associate
Bit confoozed now.

Aside from missiles in Civ 4. I dont know of any other unit which lets say, is 3 tiles away from an enemy (e.g. lets say Archer Vs Warrior) and the archer can do a ranged attack 3 tiles away?
(Not saying an archer has ranged attack or can fire 3 tiles away but just giving an example).

bombers and fighters are the only ones that can attack from range and directly damage units. all other units need to be next to each other to attack.

my thoughts on civ5 - it best be good. not convinced by the screenshots tbh, the thing i liked about 4 is that it's a deep or shallow as you want to make it.

Back
Top Bottom