1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Claims help

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Cyanide, 17 Jun 2006.

1. Cyanide

Mobster

At the start of the year I tried to insure a Getz with a years no claims I had built up on my motorbike. They weren't having it - bike no claims cannot be transferred to a car.

Now that I've finally got a coupe I'm being told that, because my bike was stolen a couple of months ago, I would have to declare an at fault claim and up my policy a considerable amount.

How on gods green earth is this fair? If I can't use bike no claims on a car surely they can't expect me to pay extra on my car insurance for having a bike claim?

:(

2. Scuzi

Man of Honour

It's not fair, insurance is never fair.
    I had the same trouble as you. I have 3 years NCB on bikes which counts as nothing towards my car insurance yet I still had to declare a NON FAULT bike accident I made a claim from which puts up the price of my premium.

Insurance companies suck.

3. Cyanide

Mobster

It's even worse for me though because I'm so young. Quotes shot up from <£2000 over £3000, some even started refusing me. It's unfair how a theft counts as an at fault claim as well, I don't see how I'm at fault for some git chiselling the side door off the garage, ripping the main door off with a car and chain then wheeling out an alarmed bike with no petrol or battery and a huge chain on both wheels - I made it as hard for them as I could :eek: :(