Classic Car Owners

Caporegime
I've changed the paint to x-power grey, and it's got a computerised distributor, k&n's and a full exhaust system. My dream is to supercharge it, but other than that, nothing else. Yes it's an LE :) Also needs a full carpet, so I might go for silver/grey just to brighten it up inside.

If I can get the MGB, and the Mini all back together, I'll use them both for work, and part ways with the Disco. Hopefully the money from that will pay for the supercharger :D

Nice MGB fellow Co Durhamite :)

Here's my midget I finished (for now) this year at the start of lockdown

Soldato
Ive got a couple.

1972 Alfa Romeo GT Juinor 1600. Its a former historic rally car and fairly modern given how ancient it is. 4 pot, 130bhp, 900kg weight, 5 speed box with synchros and 4 wheel disc brakes. Absolute hoot to drive.
vRAHRgX.png

Bellissimo!

Nice MGB fellow Co Durhamite :)

Here's my midget I finished (for now) this year at the start of lockdown

I like this colour a lot and lack of badge on the bonnet.

Caporegime
Soldato
This is where I got my supercharger kit from

https://www.vmaxscart.co.uk/40-45-dcoe-supercharger-kit/

I should be getting between 110-120Bhp and 110lbf of torque when done.

Might have to put discs on the rear and put upgraded driveshafts on while I am doing it.

120bhp will be a bit spicy in a car which only weighs 730kg. Thats a 164bhp per tonne.

Maybe 5s 0-60 time.

Yeah, they been active for years, they were working on an MGB kit, then had to stop as they couldn't get the supercharger they needed :( My only hope is the Moss one.

Caporegime
Yeah, they been active for years, they were working on an MGB kit, then had to stop as they couldn't get the supercharger they needed :( My only hope is the Moss one.

Ouch at the price difference!!! I did look at doing a home verison using an Eton supercharger off a Merc. Easily available for around £200 second hand plus there is a firm in the US that do all the pulleys and brackets and stuff to go with it. I will have a look and see if they do them for the MGB.

Soldato
Ouch at the price difference!!! I did look at doing a home verison using an Eton supercharger off a Merc. Easily available for around £200 second hand plus there is a firm in the US that do all the pulleys and brackets and stuff to go with it. I will have a look and see if they do them for the MGB.

I have got an intake manifold off a canal boat and an american exhaust manifold if I fancy the ghetto turbo route :D

Back
Top Bottom