Classic flicks you've yet to see...

Soldato
I've never watched any of the original star wars movies and all my star wars knowledge comes from watching the Robot Chicken and Family Guy takes on it.

Stormtrooper. Stormtrooper. Stormtrooper.

It's great and all, but I don't think it's aged quite so well as most would have you believe. There are moments when it really slows down to a crawl and looses a lot of it's momentum. Part 2 is far better imo.

I think it's aged well. I love it, it grabs me in every time no matter what scene. (though I don't dare mention the third). Even the music is great. They had a show at a local hall near me with a orchestra playing the music as the film plays on a big screen. Really wanted to go but the ticket had sold out.

Permabanned
OP
^^^This

I'm constantly dogged by the 'perfect time and place' dilemma. That the profundity of something won't hit me properly if I'm not geared up in a certain way. YouTube doesn't help either. Not too say that the content you consume on YouTube is of lesser quality, but it is undoubtedly my number one platform when it comes to consuming media and I feel compelled to catch up with my favourite channels as well as keep an eye out for new stuff.

Soldato
12 Angry Men (1957)
Life Is Beautiful (1997)
Casablanca (1942)
City Lights (1931)

Those are the ones in the IMDB top 50 list that I have yet to see.
Bar 12 angry men, doubt I could be bothered with the others.
Must do a Raymond and work on down the list filling in the blanks.

You should watch 12 Angry Men tonight....it's that good!

I watched Casablanca for the first time a few months ago, dated of course, but still very good. And I disagree with Von, I think Life is Beautiful is an amazing film, seen it a few times now and the ending always chokes me up.

Associate
IMDB top 250 is pretty much covered, it's mostly the 1930's stuff I haven't seen although there were a few surprises in there.
Problem is can be really bad at recalling story lines of films so although i know I've seen a vast majority of the top250 some of them I couldn't tell you what happens. Will have to give them another go.
I've got Citizen Kane downstairs from Lovefilm as well but I can't bring myself to watch it, gotta be in the mood for a second attempt with that one.

Back
Top Bottom