"Classic" games you still play

Associate
Ive been known to plug in the old PS1 and have a gun through the original time crisis from time to time. Fun times.

Also not so old but Steel Batallion gets dusted off now and then for some mech action.

Associate
I seem to play a lot of very old games, if i cant play them on the pc i just bust out the amiga and play them on there, in the last 3 months i have been mostly playing:-

Street Rod
It came from the desert
Zool
Cool Spot
Robocod
Superfrog
Oscar

Not exclusively mind, i do enjoy a lot of pc games too such as trackmania, UT3 etc etc

Man of Honour
Still playing Quakeworld, got a new internet connection today and for the first time in over 3 years I have a decent ping, so I might start playing competitively again.

As for SP games, I'm currently playing Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Also working on Grand Theft Auto 3, No One Lives Forever, and Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.

Permabanned
I haven't really got the space to tell you what I play on quite a regular basis. Last couple of months:

Dungeon Master
Bloodwych
Turrican 2
SWoS
Kick Off 2
Player Manager
Shadow of the Beast
Green Beret
Bubble Bobble
Ghosts n Goblins
Ghouls n Ghosts
Chaos Strikes Back (solid as hell!)
Elvira 2: Jaws of Cerebrus
WWF
Double Dragon
Rainbow Islands
Pang

And many, many more!

M.

dungeon master is a fantastic game even today.....i been playing lots of amiga and c64 games on my psp

Soldato
I found a bunch of old games the other day. Older games around 2000 and RollerCoaster Tycoon :eek: I can't remember them all but I think I'll have a few days of nostalgia when my pc arrives.

Soldato
dungeon master is a fantastic game even today.....i been playing lots of amiga and c64 games on my psp

Yeah it doesn't seem to have aged and I can still remember the spell combinations! I still play it on an actual Amiga as it ran slightly fast (meaning more food and water consumed whilst sleeping).

M.

Soldato
Still play both Dungeon Master and the first X-Com. The tactical depth in X-Com is amazing. To this day I don't think there's any other game that lets you destroy the entire map in a mission :D

Associate
half-life

just finished Opposing Force again, excellent.
Damn you! This made my install Half-life again last night and I ended up playing it for 5 hours straight. Got in trouble with the family and am tired at work this morning! But I'll still end up playing it again tonight!
What a great game with brilliant level design.

Soldato
Surely CS counts in here :) it is quite old now. I load half life once a year or so just to have a bit of a blast.

Older than that I don't have any more, I saw one bloke say megalomania, I absolutely loved that game & would kill to play it again.....I can't get an amiga emulator working on Vista though lol.

aln

aln

Associate
Lots of good games mentioned in this thread. I like to play a bit of BG from time to time. I would play more, but it's quite hard to find them / run them on new hardware.

By the way, you can buy some pre-packed dos box games on steam for usually a couple of quid. Ex:- http://store.steampowered.com/app/7760/ (i don't think ocuk sells games, so link should be ok?)

P.S. The guys who mentioned megalomania & x-com are awesome.

Soldato
Still love Elite 3 the CD version not the few meg disk version. Also Xcom you never go wrong with that. Megaloamania that brings back good memory’s.

Back
Top Bottom