"Classic" games you still play

Soldato
About to try and get through Supremacy and Deuteros tonight. Never complete either but got damn close - time to finish them and put them to the back of my mind!

M.

Associate
To OP - you're going to make me dust off all the Close Combat copies (remember The Russion Front ?) I have and play them again - the cries of your troops shouting "get me out of here" and so on are what made the game.

Also, anyone played Capitalism and Capitalism 2 ? I still like to try and build a global business empire on my laptop when travelling.

cjph

Soldato
Remember it - never really enjoyed it to be honest.

The main turn based strategy games I used to play was Civilization (Americanism intended) - I was blown away with that on the Amiga! But by far the best for me was UFO - that ate my life!

M.

Associate
I still find myself playing DOOM and DOOM 2 a lot, i don't know what it is about those games but after all these years i keep going back to them

Caporegime
OP
To OP - you're going to make me dust off all the Close Combat copies (remember The Russion Front ?) I have and play them again - the cries of your troops shouting "get me out of here" and so on are what made the game.

Also, anyone played Capitalism and Capitalism 2 ? I still like to try and build a global business empire on my laptop when travelling.

cjph

Yeah, the cries are awesome (or bad if it's all going wrong), they are really well made games and are actually semi realistic (ish) compared to most others.

I only ever had no.2, I did want to get the russian front and battle of the bulge however, but never got round to it. I'm tempted to go and see if I can find them, however I'm still playing port royale at the moment (got way further than I have before.:D).

spp

spp

Associate
Dune 2. Just installed this the other day (using dosbox to run it). Used to love playing it as a kid.

Associate
I seem to play a lot of very old games, if i cant play them on the pc i just bust out the amiga and play them on there, in the last 3 months i have been mostly playing:-

*other random old crap*
It came from the desert
*other random old crap*

you, sir, win the thread

(wait....it wasn't a competition?)

I played it on the amiga but the disks I had were corrupted so I could never complete it...thank god for emulators....

Caporegime
OP
Don't install Port Royale 2, it takes over your life, I was supposed to be going to bed at 1am...

Got my first town however... :p

Man of Honour
I still find myself playing DOOM and DOOM 2 a lot, i don't know what it is about those games but after all these years i keep going back to them

They are fun. The main thing that let down Doom3 was that it was dreadfully po-faced, and so wanted to have "atmosphere" it forgot to enjoy itelf. I gave up D3 after about 35% of the game and went back to Doom - and had much more fun. The nearest thing to the original doom in the last few years has been Painkiller.

M

Back
Top Bottom