Clio II Headlights bust...

Caporegime
OP
There is always the alternative of a logical fault finding sequence rather than replacing random parts...

...? I'm not replaciong 'random' parts...I've looked at the fuses, I've then looked at the bulbs, and i've now looked at the stalk seeing as they have gone faulty on a fair few clio's

Do you have a Haynes manual (or equivalent) for the car, or at least can you borrow one or download the wiring diagram for the car?

I'm afraid I do not no

You can then work through the wiring starting from the headlamp connectors and work backwards through the relays, the fuses, the switches etc. If you haven't got a multimeter a small test lamp would be fine for a high current. Solder some wires onto a small instrument lamp (e.g. 1-2 watts) and make your own if necessary.

“The Lord Helps Those Who Help Themselves” ;)

That doesn't apply to thieving ****** though.

Wouldn't have a clue how to do any of that really, or were to start even if I did have a haynes manual I think

Been trying to fix it logically, but its never bloody easy for some reason when it involves me :(

Soldato
Urmmm...

Cliorelays.jpg

Not sure where that is mind. :p

For location of a set of relays...Passenger footwell or under the bonnet...unless it's a late Clio II then it might have some funky electrics according to that link.

Soldato
I had this issue with my Clio 172. Despite changing the stalk which is a common issue, the problem did not go away. I was quoted £450 for a new circuit board of some description by Renault including fitting. Unfortunately it's a completely sealed unit so there is no way to fix it. I wish I knew what the part was, it was a couple of years ago now.

In the end I called a local auto electrician who managed to bypass it somehow. Worked perfectly and only cost me £40 :)

Soldato
I had this issue with my Clio 172. Despite changing the stalk which is a common issue, the problem did not go away. I was quoted £450 for a new circuit board of some description by Renault including fitting. Unfortunately it's a completely sealed unit so there is no way to fix it. I wish I knew what the part was, it was a couple of years ago now.

In the end I called a local auto electrician who managed to bypass it somehow. Worked perfectly and only cost me £40 :)

UCH?

Back
Top Bottom