Clipping cables to brick / exterior render

Soldato
Hi,

I started to run some cables along the outside of my house this week.

Outside of the house is red brick for the first couple of feet and the rest is rendered with pebble dash which has been painted over. It's a 1930s style Semi.

I used those little white U shaped hooks with the nail on one side and I probably broke / bent more than I placed and it took much longer than it should have.

I feel like there must be a better way.

I've got another five cables to do so I'm looking for other solutions.

Is there a good or "proper" way to do this? Have found something that was easier to use?

Thanks

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Had the same problem. I used cable clip plugs. Drill a 5.5mm hole, pop these in, cable clip taps straight in. It’s a bit of effort but looks neat and tidy.

Soldato
Had the same problem. I used cable clip plugs. Drill a 5.5mm hole, pop these in, cable clip taps straight in. It’s a bit of effort but looks neat and tidy.

These sound like what I've bought from screwfix. It's like a plug that grips into the hole, and then there's a bit that the cable tie attaches to. Not expensive either.

Soldato

what type of conduit?

i have seen people run some type of conduit for cctv installations

i think that looks much better than bare cables, I think I have seen that type of conduit in selco in their electrical section
I would be tempted to use that for the amount of cables u r running

Associate
Back
Top Bottom