Capodecina
Soldato
For many years going back, when building a new system (or systems) for customers, I have relied on Acronis True Image to allow me (during the build / configure process) and eventually the customer to restore a system to its "virgin" state. I have not previously had a problem with this although Acronis 2020 did become very bloated.

However, I recently rebuilt a system that had many problems associated with it and went to reinstall Acronis 2020. I had problems with this install so I emailed Acronis' support. They replied that support had expired on December 31st, 2020 and if I wanted assistance I should either pay for support or buy Acronis 2021.

The upshot of this is that I had a look at Clonezilla; despite being familiar with Linux (on which Clonezilla is based) I find it a nightmare to work with and it would probably be unusable by a typical PC user.

As a result, I am now thinking of trying out Macrium Reflect v7 - does anyone have any experience with Macrium Reflect? Would it be usable by someone who was not interested in the nitty gritty of making and restoring a System Partition Image and wanted something as straightforward as Acronis used to be before they started adding in ballast every year?

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Thanks, I will have a look at Veeam.
I have been playing with Macrium Reflect (Free); it doesn't seem as easy to use as Acronis was but that is probably just unfamiliarity.

Back
Top Bottom