1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CM Centurion 4

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by lozza, 17 May 2006.

1. lozza

Wise Guy

I don't know how old this case is but i'm guessing it's quite old - I've only just come across it and thought it was nice, just without the musketeer bit!

[​IMG]

Its a steel chassis, anyone know if this is old ie from the ATC era?

Other than the musketeer it's a nice looking case!

Cooler Master Site for more pictures

2. Yewen

Capodecina

Ive never seen that one before either.

Looks fairly recent, or brand new.

The Musketeer 'thing' was introduced not to long ago so it can't possibly pre-date that. It looks quite nice.

3. Sandmaster500

Wise Guy

Looks very nice. Price mark of $75 in US so i would have thought in the £50-60 region here (edit - £42ish). Not a bad case for that price.
    Guess its based on an old design as it has 80mm fans throughout.

Nice design and hope CM does more in this style.

*bring back ATC!*

Last edited: 17 May 2006
  4. p0rks0da

Hitman

They could have picked a better case to photograph on the product page, in the second and fourth photo's the 5.25" bays look absolutely aweful (ie: they don't even fit properly). Hopefully thats just a one off because it looks really tacky imo.

Last edited: 17 May 2006
  5. Noni

PermaBanned

Errr, I dont really like it. Looks like a ATC version but stripped and IMO too plain.

ATC looked great, this looks, well....not that good IMO. I dont like the littl dial and the buttons at the bottom is annoying for me as I have a PC on the floor.

Maybe a grill like an ATC one for a 120mm fan at the front and the buttons placed near the top then yeah, nice case :p.

6. lozza

Wise Guy

It very very similar to the ATC 101 case:

[​IMG]

7. Alu_ATC

Wise Guy

Hmm, interesting, not something I'd buy from Coolermaster though.

I don't really think CM will be on the way back up until they get rid of all this 'Centurion, Praetorian' classing. Praetorian is just very old design re-vamped - they need new blood. The Centurion is budget line and I don't see a problem with keeping those cases up, they are doing well.

CM just seem to have a series missing. They have the server stuff covered with the Stacker, they have the budget, some HTPC a little bit of gaming, but wheres that Lian-Li beater line :p ? Scrap the Prae's CM and design a new base chassis that you can flex around a bit. It won't be as easy as the 201 chassis though, this one has to be great.

P.S - Harib0, a few companies have got ATCs back in stock. Have a look around, a few 101's going. :)

8. lozza

Wise Guy

There are plenty of the old CMs left in the states but shipping kills the prices! and i really want a 100 (never released in the UK)

I've found plenty of the ATCs on uk websites but all of them are out of date and don't actually have them - no asking for competitors please

9. Tosk

Wise Guy

hmm that case might look nicer in black :)

10. lozza

Wise Guy

Would be cool to replace the musketeer bit with a res! would be like a little port hole :D

11. t_aitch

Hitman

Yeah put an aqua computer res in place of it, and that would look ace.

I really like that case, looks like coolermaster are going back to their roots.