1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coastal Towns/Cities Accomodation + Nightlife- Bournemouth?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rwac, 17 May 2006.

1. Rwac

Wise Guy

Am looking to book a short 4 night holiday somewhere in england with the missus. I'm liking the idea of a coastal town with a good night life and lots to do - i'm open to Hotels/B&Bs or Self Catering. We're both young so that sort of atmosphere would be great. I was wondering if you wonderful people could give me some recommendations or advice. Sort of things we'd like:

Close to the buzz of the place (Bars, Restaurants, clubs, cinemas, bowling etc maybe).
    Car Parking
    Close to a beach if possible
    Normal amenities.

Am looking to spend around £200-300 for the 4 nights. Higher end for B&B lower end for self catering.

Any advice or recommendations would be awesome. I had looked the isle of wight but i don't think it offers the nightlife.

2. BrenOS

Mobster

Hows aboot gannin up the toon?

3. Rich_L

Capodecina

I can recommend the Bournemouth nightlife being a virtual 'weekend local' over the last few months going down to visit my mate. Cheap booze and bloody loads of totty, wahey! PLus the bars and clubs never seem to shut which is always nice :cool:

4. Rwac

Wise Guy

Any good places u can recommend in bournemouth?

Also If possible i'm looking for suggestions on places of accomodation . :cool:

5. Rwac

Wise Guy

6. mattpc

Mobster

Bournemouth is ok, certainly better than Margate and the likes.. :)

7. Jimmeh

Wise Guy

I went to Uni in Bournemouth. Always a blinding night out and that was 2 years ago.
    I recommend the Norfolk Royale on Richmond Hill. Very central and quite reasonable.
    You have to be careful to hotels in Bournemouth as a lot of them are a good 20-30 mins walk from the centre... up very steep hills!

As for bars... take your pick. They all offer pretty much the same thing... cheap booze, top totty and some decent music.

8. yermum

Perma Banned

Been to Bournemouth loads. The shops are quite good, including a wonderful silver shop where you could buy your OH a really lovely pressie as a momento of your break. I think it's called Porters, but I'm sure someone on here will know. Anyway, there are some really reasonable family run hotels down there and you should check out what's happening at the big exhibition hall there as they sometimes host fairs, concerts and one off specials.

9. BrightonBelle

Woman of Honour

After Brighton I would suggest Bournemouth ;)

Can't remember where we stayed it was a bnb in west cliff area.

B'mouth also has sand ;) which is cool in the summer!!!

Childhood holidays... ahh the memories of my brother getting stuck in a bog.

Hee hee!

BB x

10. Bobcat

Wise Guy

I only ever go to Bournemouth to go clubbing at Slinky Opera House for the night, if your into that kind of thing (Trance/Hard House/DnB) then its the place to be www.slinky.co.uk

11. 1pudding1

Hitman

Another vote for Bournemouth. Ive been here for 3 months and only here for 1 more. Will be a shame to leave. Really good night out, plenty of very good bars with a LOT of fit people. I live just 2 mins from the beach, which is really nice with golden sand. Thumbs up!

12. Scuzi

Man of Honour

I lived in Bournemouth for about 15 months and absolutely loved it. The nightlife is hard to beat and the totty is :eek:
    When we could be arsed going to a club we usually frequented places like Toko, Dance Fever, Opera House (full of chavs :() and Bar Med. For a sticky floor night, Berlins was also a laugh. As far as bars go there are plenty. There's the Moon on the Square which is great for cheap beer but it will give you bad guts. The Brass House isn't a bad bar unless it's full of chavs.

As long as you stay away from the chav haunts you will have a great night out.