Coca Cola : "Be less white"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Meh, non issue.

'Be less black'

Non issue? Or collosal outrage and multiple heads rolling?

I mean personaly the story made me laugh but lets remember all the times 'white people' have gone on about minorities not integrating more and gone on about 'black culture' being prone to violence and crime and muslims being prone to terrorism. Im assuming that that is basicaly the same as telling them to be less '(insert culture/race)'

That is some crazy mental gymnastics even for you.

Soldato
Jokes aside, when I was young I was always taught racism is simply about equality, treat everyone the same regardless of their skin colour.

Appears the modern definition of racism is something quite different.

Soldato
It's the critical theory definition of racism.

It's designed so that it cannot be challenged. People that challenge it are put on the "problematic" hit list.

I'll carry on living by MLKs "dream" and just be called racist for existing - oh check my white fragility. **** off.

Soldato
Eun74ukXMAAo6DE

That is brilliant!

Caporegime
Meh, false dichotomy.

Not really. As was said initially, let's say we have the slogan "be less black". We'll, what would that mean?

Taking a stereotypical approach based on crime stats in this country it could mean be less rapey, stabby, stealy and drug dealy. Now how acceptable do you think it would be if that was rolled out? I can guarantee you'd have some very upset people.

Therefore it is equally unacceptable to assume a certain set of shared characteristics of white people. What they are I'm not quite sure. Be less burglary?

Soldato
Not really. <snip>
I am by no mean a woke person, but I do do my best to see things from both sides. Half of what you have said actually outlines the problem. Why do you think black people are disproportionately the aggressors in some of the situations you have outlined? The broad bush term 'white' people is to describe exactly the false dichotomies and fragility demonstrated in this thread. Rather than explore why there is a problem you all jump to the data points that show whites are on the decline, and relatively, they are. Rather than question this you make yourself the victim that your once great position is under threat by those you would typically turn your nose up to as they were a minority and not worth considering. You are the 'white' people that this term is used to refer to.

Your odds of making it this far in previous decades were severely diminished based on your demographic alone. Similarly "black" isn't just to refer to skin colour. "Black" is to refer to people whos origin can only be traced 10's of years back. People whose identity isn't their family tree but their 'struggle' - and most have no alternative but for this to be the case.

I don't expect a sensible reply nor do I want to get into a debate, but have a consider of what I have said rather than blow by blow reply.

Soldato
But...you cant be racist agaist white people :rolleyes:

Who are the CEOs signing off on this crap? Everyone knows its ******** and only the 0.1% care.

Soldato
I don't expect a sensible reply nor do I want to get into a debate, but have a consider of what I have said rather than blow by blow reply.

All you have posted is nonsense based on thin air. I know you just instantly dismissed actual facts that didn't suit your agenda so I doubt you'll look into these stats either, but if you want to look at the UK white British boys from poor backgrounds are doing the worst out of everyone, it isn't the poor oppressed black people at the bottom of the pile like some would have us believe.

Who are the CEOs signing off on this crap? Everyone knows its ******** and only the 0.1% care.

Evidently it isn't only the 0.1% who care judging by the number of woke warriors in this thread.

Soldato
All you have posted is nonsense based on thin air. I know you just instantly dismissed actual facts that didn't suit your agenda so I doubt you'll look into these stats either, but if you want to look at the UK white British boys from poor backgrounds are doing the worst out of everyone, it isn't the poor oppressed black people at the bottom of the pile like some would have us believe.

Evidently it isn't only the 0.1% who care judging by the number of woke warriors in this thread.
Cherry picking numbers ('stats' lol) from websites doesn't prove anything I am afraid. If only life was so black and white (pun intended).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom