Associate
I currently have the following set up (purchased here):

AMD R7 3700X
RTX 2070 SUPER
Giga 750W 80 Plus Gold
Giga X570 Gaming X
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
2 x Benq PD3200Q

I have recently got into Cod during lockdown and would like to get a monitor more suited to FPS, where as I primarily went for strategy gaming before. Presumably I should be looking at something at 1440p and higher refresh rates? Budget is up to £500.

Associate
Copied this from another thread I posted in:

"IMO 1440p 144/165Hz is the sweet spot.

You can't go wrong with any monitor using LG's Nano-IPS panel; LG 27GL850, Dell S2721DGF , Lenovo Y27q-20, HP Omen 27i etc."

Associate
OP
Thank you for the suggestions guys. Off the back of some reviews, I ordered the LG 27GL850 which arrived yesterday.

I have noticed that COD is struggling to go over 100 FPS in game, which I find odd given the new monitor. It is set to 144hz and graphics options are set at well below the performance threshold. I have tried changing the priority to 'Normal' in task manager and GPU drivers are up to date so I'm not really sure what is holding it back. My rig should be able to handle more than 100 FPS should it not?

Associate
OP
Thank you @chroniclard I think I do have a mix so may explain. I have to admit I did not realise that a fairly new build would leave me behind the curve so much. I realised the GPU was not top spec but to run it at reasonable settings and only achieve that FPS is fairly disappointing.

Permabanned
High FPS @ 1440p is just more demanding. For fast paced multiplayer smash all the settings to low as graphical fidelity doesn't matter so much. For single player set them higher as you have gsync.

PC gaming is expensive to get the top top end, to max it on high settings you would probably need a 3080!

Soldato
Thank you @chroniclard I think I do have a mix so may explain. I have to admit I did not realise that a fairly new build would leave me behind the curve so much. I realised the GPU was not top spec but to run it at reasonable settings and only achieve that FPS is fairly disappointing.

Cod isn't the curve mate I wouldn't worry. There are people with 9700k and 2080ti that can't even play the game due to crashing and stuttering. It's a poorly optimised and buggy mess. 100fps should still see you getting an enjoyable game though and you can enjoy the higher refresh on other titles. Enjoy the new monitor

Caporegime
Thank you for the suggestions guys. Off the back of some reviews, I ordered the LG 27GL850 which arrived yesterday.

I have noticed that COD is struggling to go over 100 FPS in game, which I find odd given the new monitor. It is set to 144hz and graphics options are set at well below the performance threshold. I have tried changing the priority to 'Normal' in task manager and GPU drivers are up to date so I'm not really sure what is holding it back. My rig should be able to handle more than 100 FPS should it not?
Do you have RTX on?

Associate
What settings? I have a 3900x, 2080ti and x34. Running ultra settings I can only just clear 100fps on warzone. On low it’s 150 to 170fps.

Back
Top Bottom