COD:MW2 sold over 2M copies on PC!

Man of Honour
1% My arse... at a minimum 12% of players on PC are using exploits/cheating and I'd say the real number falls between 16 and 20%.

Soldato
http://www.gamearena.com.au/news/read.php/5070496

Shockingly high & shows you how little a % the enthusiast/hardcore PC gamer community is as most of those 2m copies would have been casual PC gamers if the boycotters stayed away :rolleyes:

What makes you think the 'boycotters' weren’t all keyboard warriors? You only have to read the old MW2 thread and see that all those people who 'cancelled' their preorders ended up buying the game... and then there are the ones who kept quiet about it.

Soldato
Perhaps the IW/Activision top brass aren't morons after all. Its just the people who work in the Research department giving out wrong answers.

Soldato
To be fair, it's done it's job. Catered to people who don't care about gaming, who just want half an hour of dicking around on a Sunday afternoon when nothing is on TV etc. This is reflected in improved sales, which is all you can really expect a company like Activision to care about these days, they don't care about 'gamers', they care about selling to as many people as possible.

MW2s marketing and possibly IWNet have helped them achieve this.

Associate
Spending £40 on a terrible game to play the 'odd game'? Yes it does.

Not really a terrible game.

Terrible disregard of the community yes, but as a game it was still a decent game.

If you didn't buy it surely you can't comment? And if you didn't like it doesn't mean its terrible.

Soldato
Not really a terrible game.

Terrible disregard of the community yes, but as a game it was still a decent game.

If you didn't buy it surely you can't comment? And if you didn't like it doesn't mean its terrible.

I've seen people playing it, i've seen reviews, i've heard its contents. I don't need to play it to know its ****. I played enough of MW to know what was balanced and what was utterly lame and MW2 is just a huge extension of almost everything that was lame to create a lovely cluster**** atmosphere while trying for something else.

Back
Top Bottom