COD2 VETERANS

Soldato
Im loving this game its the second most challenging fps game ive played im currently on a level where your in on a boat shooting at the buildings, Its the level after hill 800 or whatever its called. Its an amazing game with the difficulty on veteran, after i complete it im going to go through it again and see what its like on the other settings. I bet on easy u can just run at about 20 germans and rifle but them all :p

If your wandering what i think is the hardest fps its got to be Farcry on realistic, that game was a pooper to complete the last 2 or 3 missions took literally a month each. Only completed it about 5 weeks ago had it since realese :eek:

Soldato
yeah, I agree about far cry - I got about halfway through on hardest then gave up (completed it on normal though). At least COD2 veteran has plenty of ammo!

I've done a few of the COD2 veteran campaigns on veteran, but again started getting frustrated so probably wont finish it.

Soldato
I've only recently got a replacement of cod2 (1st=a cracked disc) and am playing it through vet now, but its more tedious then hard. Getting sick and tired of seeing useless quotes shoved in my face as I die. Checkpoint system seems a tad buggy to me because its failed to revert me to my last one after a death. Boring :/

Associate
I found defending the top of hill 400 to be the worst, although even though I died lots I found it was more down to my skill than a game that was just near impossible to stop people doing it. I've found COD2 to have a good difficulty gradient.

Soldato
Certainly is damn hard on Veteran. I am just starting the 3rd part of D-Day, 'Silo' and from what I have heard it is a git! Not looking forward to Hill 400 either.

I have got really stuck in some places and was getting quite miffed, but the sense of achievement is great when you complete a level and that bloody achievement award finally appears in the corner of the screen. The things we put ourselves through just to get those gamer points!

However, I still think it is a fantastic game. The diversity of the campaigns and the atmosphere they bring with them is just awesome. The Caen level was so cool, working your way through a bombed out village in a storm. The HDR lighting being put into full effect with all the lightening; the sense of really being in a heavy downpour I thought was quite incredible. Perhaps my newly acquired surround sound set-up is making me slightly biased, but 'I was there man!' :)

Duradrum said:
I'm stuck on the 1st American mission on Vet (Climbing up the cliff, into the trenches). Really annoying.
Oh yes, this was my most frustrating point in the game to date. Did get rather annoying hearing the same chap shouting 'The guns sir, they're not here, the Germans must have moved them!!' each time I started again - I can still hear it now!

It must have taken me about 50+ goes and I finally changed my approach and found a different way and all was sorted. Don't want to tell you unless you ask as you may want to figure it out for yourself.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Shaw said:
I found defending the top of hill 400 to be the worst, although even though I died lots I found it was more down to my skill than a game that was just near impossible to stop people doing it. I've found COD2 to have a good difficulty gradient.

Same here, D-day landings were tough, but passable, but defending that hill and getting into the bunker before it I thought were the toughest.

Soldato
Currently on the Silo mission and its an absolute beast!

Its taken me a week of playing here and there just to clear out all of the houses.

But it gets worse!

Just got onto the bit where you have to climb to the top of the Silo and snipe the German artillery.

All I can say is :eek:

Soldato
Hmm I've managed to do 2 vet missions today and they were very easy tbh;
El Alamein and Stalingrad '42

So that leaves me with:
Fortress Stalingrad - i'll be doing this now
Rommel's Last Stand - Should be easy, but the opening fight when you're surrounded is impossible in hardened...
D-Day - Ack :(
Hill 400 - Double Ack :(

Jet

Jet

Soldato
Just finished it on Veteran about 10 mins ago lol. I managed to do Hill 400 quicker than the Silo mission actually. Couldn't handle the germans coming from all angles, and buildings can be hard to clear. Good luck to anyone still going.

Soldato
This Silo sniping is bordering on the impossible!

Artillery coming up all over the compass and its impossible to keep a note of which has been on the compass the longest.

EDIT: WOOT! Just done it!

Last edited:
Stop your belly aching soldiers. Veteran is not that hard. as long as you dont rely on your comrades to help you.

Smoke, bullets grenades thats all you need.

Oh and my advice for the Silo is keep your sniper rifle through out that whole level and then swap your machingun for the other sniper rifle once you climb the silo tower. That way you have 2 sniper rifles so you can fire 5 shots with one swap and the nreload when its quiet. Oh and there is a point when you can shoot and it will kill both members of the mortar team in one shot. Very useful. (saves reload time rather than ammo).

There are a few places always used by mortar teams so check them regularly. If a mortar team gets more than one shot off the next one will almost certianly hit you.

It took me a morning to do this.

Back
Top Bottom